Haakon
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Ok so I saw the Muppet Game of Thrones thing. You could say I now fully understand the Elmo issue.
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    Yeah....the problem is that Elmo is a very, very popular children's character here in the States, appearing on Sesame Street since the 1980s, but having his own show aimed at 3 year olds as well. So, practically anyone who has ever interacted with a kid is very familiar with his tone of voice and way of talking. It's not just that he's a red muppet....
    Haakon
    Haakon
    I saw Sesame Street as a kid as well, but I guess it was different. I mean, it was all Swedish voice acting, of course, but I never saw Elmo (I guess it was because this was earlier, in the 1970's).
    So which do you prefer?Jumping onto outlines as we used to, or six months of preparation? Or something in between?
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    So far, I have found this process very exhausting, but I'm not going to knock it until I see how it pays off in the actual episode planning. Our 'prep' time may have been excessive this season, but I think we did come up with some really good storyarcs (some of which we likely won't use, more's the pity).
    Reactions: Haakon
    Sorry I’m confused about where to post stuff right now. Two ongoing threads with kind of parallel discussions.
    Haakon
    Haakon
    Yeah well at least we are active in both threads, so actually no one risks missing anything.
    Nicholas Palazzo
    Nicholas Palazzo
    I also think that we are rediscovering why the forums themselves aren't great for planning the blow-by-blow of individual episodes.
    Reactions: Haakon
    Haakon
    Haakon
    Yes the threads tend to become hard to follow at times. Easy to miss specific comments.
    I had the idea to work in Olorin into this season, but ended up just imagining healers praying to Nienna, Irmo, and Estë, ... and Olorin.
    Reactions: Ange1e4e5
    Haakon
    Haakon
    Yeah that’s better, thanks! My English is a bit simple sometimes, since it’s not my first language.
    amysrevenge
    amysrevenge
    To help nail it down, I would consider pleas to the Valar to be invoking, but pleas to Illuvatar to be praying.
    Haakon
    Haakon
    But if the terms match the corresponding Swedish terms at all, praying is a broader term. In Christianity, the term invoking seems to be used in various ways depending on what kind of Christian you are (at least Catholics or Protestants). Well, anyway, it doesn't matter, you're right.
    Boring complaint: Again problems with the Webinar on the phone. Really limits my participation....
    F
    Faelivrin
    It also does not work on Firefox or Chrome. HOW do you use GoToWebinar? I have used it fine on Firefox with webinars from other presenters.
    Haakon
    Haakon
    I found the webinar ID now on the computer webinar so I could type it into the phone app and that worked! So it was a dysfunctional link.

Faelivrin you register on the site and receive a link on the mail. Then you need to download the GoTo app/program.
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    I use the GoTo Webinar on Chrome on my laptop. I don't typically have problems with it.
    So apparently there’s a webinar launching now? I’m going to miss it.
    Haakon
    Haakon
    The Goto app connection for my phone has stopped working now for season four. I can connect by using my laptop but that won’t happen today.
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    Oh no! I listen on a laptop, so I don't know how to make it work on the phone :( You can try to watch on twitch?

We're talking about the Frame today.
    Haakon
    Haakon
    I managed to catch a few minutes on Twitch
    The question was raised, can a moderator or admin move threads? I can move whole threads. I’m not sure I can move parts of a thread. Could->
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    Agreed; I'd rather not, but at least I know how to.
    Ange1e4e5
    Ange1e4e5
    Faelivrin knows how to move posts across sub forums; I got into an argument about Amras getting KIA in the Second Kinslaying and her next reply was in the Feanorean Storylines, with the post before that attached.
    F
    Faelivrin
    Well, actually the only thing I did was to quote your post, then copy that reply and paste it into a reply to a different thread. I don't have moderator permissions except in the Community Hearth and Creative Writing sections (don't know why I have those.)
    Oh it’s a session on Friday? I won’t make it. Sad because I’m kind of invested in Sets. It’s Sets, right? Anyway...
    Haakon
    Haakon
    I see. Sorry you won’t make it! I hope I will.
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    I just want *someone* to be there to discuss locations, because as of right now, the slides are just some photos without any commentary, so...I could see that being confusing for the Hosts to go through. Like, "I'm looking at mountains, I think?"
    Haakon
    Haakon
    You’ve made slides? If you send them to me I could perhaps prepare some comments.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back