K
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I think we really should have a watch-party for one or both of the russian Beren & Luthien rock operas with S6 of SilmFilm now coming up. a) it is great fun and b) it's a really interesting look at adapting that story, although in a different medium, that being the community theatre stage
    Hi guys, I hope I can be more active here again as soon as I finish my bachelor's this summer, but i just wanted to drop this russian rock opera silmarillion adaptation [sic] here in case y'all hadn't seen it yet:

I stumbled upon it via this clip of curufin and celegorm bickering:

Emerwen
    Emerwen
    Oh, that one. Finrod's hairstyle in the 2014 proshot tho
    K
    Kathrin
    @Emerwen Yes, it is delightful. He is my favorite Finrod by a long shot, only maybe rivalled by the Finrod from the new Lay of Leithian rock opera, that one is excellent in a different way.
    Just catched up on the SilmFilm ep. 3 to 5 today. Looove the suggestion of the Harad frame. Also very interesting thoughts on the houses of men.
    Visited the Tolkien expo yesterday. The tapestries of the paintings, breathtaking. One detail that got me thinking: Isengard kinda recalls Gondolin and I wonder if Saruman starts by idolising the Gondolindrim and descends from there. Sadly there aren't *that many* of Tolkien's sketches, but I'd love to test the aspirational-building-theory further. Middle earth stories echo a lot and irl architecture does too.
    K
    Kathrin
    there's a general trend with his sketches with stylistical elements repeating in interesting places, maybe sometime when I've nothing better to do :)p), I'll do a sort of genealogical tree of those relations.
    Is there some comprehensive timeline of the first four seasons of silmfilm somewhere? Asking for a friend who sometimes struggles a bit.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back