amysrevenge
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Aaaaaaand, 10am vendor inspection (noon eastern time) that I can't get out of booked for Friday. Boogers.
    F
    Faelivrin
    Sorry to hear it.
    amysrevenge
    amysrevenge
    Turned out for the best, as my inspection found some deficiencies haha. I'm starting to make my peace with asynchronous life.
    Strongly considering taking a day off for next SilmFilm session. I need a break after 2 months of 60h/week haha.
    amysrevenge
    amysrevenge
    I just wish it was Mon or Tues that week instead of Fri. I've got quotes coming in for a million dollar construction project on that Wed, and I might not have enough time between Wed and Thur to get through the details.
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    The problem with vacations is that when you really need to take them is just when it's a bad time to take off - hope it works out!
    The more I think about it, the more I can't resist the notion that Beorn is somehow descended from an abandoned son of Dior.
    Reactions: The_Singing_Fox
    amysrevenge
    amysrevenge
    I understand that it probably can't be done in a way that fits with what we need for that story. It's just such an appealing notion to me, and I keep thinking of it.
    Marielle
    Marielle
    I love this idea, probably mostly because it means one of them survived.
    Random thought (Second Age, so unfathomably far in our future) of a way the story is reminiscent of a Star Wars prequel...
    amysrevenge
    amysrevenge
    The moment that Sauron/Anatar first puts on the One Ring could play out very similarly to Order 66 from Revenge of the Sith. It will be a VERY powerful sequence, and very awesome.
    Nicholas Palazzo
    Nicholas Palazzo
    You're certainly not wrong.
    I'm low-key glad there's an extra week off from Exploring. I have *things to say* about Glorfindel but won't be at a keyboard for a while...
    Will be posting less, as I'm away from my normal posting place (work computer) for a couple weeks. Happy holidays to everyone!
    Random thought (from PubSil). What cause would Maedhros have to refer to his friend Fingon as "the Valiant"? Heroics during Kinslaying?
    Reactions: Faelivrin
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    Maedhros seems mostly dismissive of Thingol, so I can't see him thinking to extend an olive branch - what's the point? As for the impolitely-worded-letter...I highly doubt Maedhros penned it. After the failure of the Union of Maedhros, he's no longer calling the shots for the Fëanoreans.
    F
    Faelivrin
    I agree, after the Fifth Battle he's definitely not their leader... although he _could_ have sent Dior a nice letter of his own, regardless of what Celegorm or Curufin wrote. Of course that would have shown internal divisions instead of a united front...

But, actually, I was thinking of the letter they sent to Thingol before the Union, which was also needlessly obnoxious.
    F
    Faelivrin
    It seems possible that if Maedhros had written Thingol apologizing profusely for his brothers' misbehavior, praising the deeds of Beren and Luthien, and offering to ransom the Silmaril with something else valuable, Melian might have been able to persuade Thingol to let it go. But... nooooo.
    I'd never know if the forum hadn't Alerted me, but my Likes/day ratio has held level for 2 years now.
    amysrevenge
    amysrevenge
    350 days for the first 250 Likes, 364 days for the next 250. That's pretty consistent.
    Ange1e4e5
    Ange1e4e5
    Well, it took me two years to get 250 likes.
    Haha here I am posting while the session is running. Completely forgot about it (not that I could watch it live anyway)
    Good luck on the session today, wish I could join in! Can't wait to pop the Twitch archive on this afternoon :)
    Wow I feel like we've creatively broken a couple plotlines in SilmFilm that are really coming out nicely.
    amysrevenge
    amysrevenge
    So a good thing.
    Ange1e4e5
    Ange1e4e5
    Ok.
    F
    Faelivrin
    I'm glad you feel like we're getting somewhere. I haven't got them to come together and "click" in my mind yet. For a season in which "nothing happens" we seem to have a lot of events and storylines to pack in and fit together...
    Sitting at work, doing overtime on Saturday (and back again tomorrow, sigh), listening to Rob Inglis, getting ideas and posting everything.
    Does anyone know how long it takes, once the session is over, before the Twitch archived version is accessible?
    amysrevenge
    amysrevenge
    Frankly, I could start it in real time if it worked that way, I just wouldn't be able to stay in real time. I need a pause button while I'm at work.
    amysrevenge
    amysrevenge
    Unless maybe it does work that way? I guess I just assumed without ever trying hahahahahaha
    amysrevenge
    amysrevenge
    Well I didn't try before it ended, but I did fire it up almost immediately after the live stream ended, and it played just fine from that point.
    Yeah I don't think I'll be able to manage live sessions this season. Friday mornings just don't work for me to be distracted at work anymore
    Nicholas Palazzo
    Nicholas Palazzo
    I've been having the same problem. The best I can manage a lot of the time has been to listen and occasionally toss in a comment from my phone.
    amysrevenge
    amysrevenge
    I was unemployed for much of S3 (and one of the Warning Bells that my previous job wasn't as secure as I'd like was how easy it was to participate then haha)
    Boo probably won't be able to do live Exploring tonight :(
    amysrevenge
    amysrevenge
    Well, I was present enough to listen live, but not to watch the slides or add comments. Good enough for a busy boy I suppose.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back