Search results

1. MithLuin

S04E04 Script Discussion

No, not yet Nick will post a link to join the discussion, momentarily.
  2. MithLuin

YouTube Uploads for Season 4

I agree that Corey Olsen will have a tough sell on that one! But maybe think more poetry reading than rap battle to get the feel of it....an emphasis on the sound of words.
  3. MithLuin

S04E04 Script Discussion

Thanks for the reminder :)
  4. MithLuin

Maimed Maedhros

...and this tattoo gun prosthesis is right out. ;) https://www.boredpanda.com/prosthetic-arm-tattoo-artist-jc-sheitan-tenet-jl-gonzal/
  5. MithLuin

Maimed Maedhros

Specialized armor or shields, designed just for Maedhros and taking into account his missing hand, are within the scope of what the Hosts discussed on Friday. I don't think they'd be thrilled about a hidden dagger that spring releases or anything like that, but the end of his armor protecting...
  6. MithLuin

Maimed Maedhros

Corey's thoughts during Friday's session when this topic came up: Dave also voted for no prosthetic, so...looks like we don't have to design an elven fake hand!
  7. MithLuin

Session 4.17 - Creative Content Part 3: Swords, Hands and Eagles

Captain America is a good example. He's a super hero, and he got the serum, but his ability is mostly....gymnastics. In other words, his powers don't come across as magic or even particularly inhuman so much as...enhanced. Elves as 'enhanced' humans probably isn't a bad concept. I realize...
  8. MithLuin

Elves having more impressive dexterity than humans is acceptable. So, feats of balance or picking their way through difficult terrain easily (even at top speed) are probably acceptable. I wasn't a fan of Legolas stabbing two urukhai through the head with one arrow, or taking down the Oliphant...
  9. MithLuin

Welcome back!

Welcome back!
  10. MithLuin

I think we are fine with the Valar (in general) being taller than the Maiar (in general), and also with Morgoth taking on a 'giant' form for his 'tyrant of Angband' look (which he assumed at the Darkening of Valinor and keeps ever after). I do know that giant humans tend to look ridiculous...
  11. MithLuin

Corey mentioned the ability to stab in the gut. I was wondering if the ability to slice the femoral artery (inner thigh/groin) would be enough. Fingolfin isn't going to land an attack on either target...he doesn't mortally wound Morgoth in this fight. But...we want the audience to have...
  12. MithLuin

When Corey Olsen mentioned that Fingolfin has to be tall enough so that his sword could reach something vital, I think that put a cap on Morgoth's potential height. The lowest part of the body that looks vulnerable to a mortal wound would be the femoral artery, right? There's nothing...
  13. MithLuin

Domination.

Yeah, I think you have the right of it. The ents were mad at Saruman's orcs in part because they cut down trees and left them lying...wanton destruction, and for no purpose or benefit. Good guys have to act like good guys. So, wasteful destruction is right out. But they also can't pave...
  14. MithLuin

Season 4 Casting Call

My apologies, the casting for Season 4 will be discussed during Session 4-19 on Thursday July 11th.
  15. MithLuin

Well, surprise, those topics came *before* casting, so we will now look at Casting during Session 4-19, which will be on Thursday July 11th.
  16. MithLuin

NEW Schedule for Silm Film!

For those who are not sure where to find the recorded podcasts, I provide the following links. Sessions 3-17 of Season 4 are available on Twitch here: https://www.twitch.tv/signumu/videos?filter=all&sort=time Whatever was making the videos disappear after a limited time has been changed, and...
  17. MithLuin

Presumably he is asking because he sincerely wishes to know the impact this change will have on participants. I am sorry if I did not make that clear in my initial post.
  18. MithLuin

Session 4-18: Episodes 7 & 8

The next Silm Film session will be held at the NEW time of THURSDAY June 20th at 10 PM (ET) (not AM) The topic will focus on Episodes 7 and 8 of Season 4. Link to Gantt Chart: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QZ0PrqCvWz5jy8pWZBj3TpG3Bnt1hPqHBaGL17TB0Y8/edit In these two episodes...
  19. MithLuin

Session 4.15 - Creative Content Part 2

Yes, today's session focused on Magic Swords, Maedhros' stump, and Eagles. The Casting discussion will be saved for the next Creative Session (so, 4-19).
  20. MithLuin

There has been no suggestion of having this more often then every other week. Occasionally, Corey's schedule pushes a session back or forwards (as today), but the general schedule for Silm Film is every other week, and will continue to be that. The twitch version of the podcast is available...