Search results

1. Ange1e4e5

Session 5-10: Elves

Also, it looks like that Fingolfin is the one who makes overtures to the Edain, primarily the House of Hador. I think Hador volunteered.
  2. Ange1e4e5

Session 5-11: Aredhel and Eöl

In our adaptation he’s younger than Finduilas; Finduilas was a child late last season and Gil-Galad wasn’t born yet.
  3. Ange1e4e5

He might show at the end of the season since Orodreth sends Gil-Galad to him shortly after the Dagor Bragollach.
  4. Ange1e4e5

I can get behind that.
  5. Ange1e4e5

Why Ulmo? Because for all intents and purposes Ulmo is the only Vala who seems to have any sort of hand in the Noldor’s efforts against Morgoth from a canonical point-of-view. His efforts in inspiring the building of Gondolin and Nargothrond and warning Orodreth and Turin of their folly is the...
  6. Ange1e4e5

Thingol will be difficult to write for the next couple seasons. Of all the Elven rulers, he is the most overtly against having Men around judging by his behavior around the Haladin and Beren next season, mainly because of troubled dreams he has of them (though his opinion changes by the end of...
  7. Ange1e4e5

But are we packing too much into the season?
  8. Ange1e4e5

While I’m not onboard with changing Ulmo’s plans, the Valar who would be most itching to go to war would be Tulkas and Orome, while Nienna would be the most likely to believe that the Noldor deserve a chance at redemption, something Olorin discussed with Frodo since it’s noted that Olorin spent...
  9. Ange1e4e5

So who do we want to have in the wrong?
  10. Ange1e4e5

I think you mean Barad Eithel, since Tirion is in Valinor.
  11. Ange1e4e5

Is there any reason as to why Fingolfin would not mention Ulmo in the plan?
  12. Ange1e4e5

Galadriel and Celeborn: I could see them having a smaller role this season. An idea that came up in the threads awhile back was to have them on their "honeymoon" and bump into the entrance of the Haladin or House of Hador, with Celeborn's sister Galathil being the spokesperson who speaks to...
  13. Ange1e4e5

So why is Fingolfin starting out with "Plan A" being a Hail Mary? He seems like an idiot.
  14. Ange1e4e5

How would Curufin influence Fingolfin into doing something suicidal? He's going to be on the run and not like he has access to a raven (Game of Thrones reference). Speaking of Curufin, there's also his wife to figure out. Something has to happen to her to make escape impossible for her for the...
  15. Ange1e4e5

The ideas for villain storylines have been trickling in for a bit; the main player is likely going to be Sauron, since he has a catch-and-release program involving captured Elves (which is intertwined with Rhogrin and Annael) and his actions against the Edain. His henchman Tevildo will be...
  16. Ange1e4e5

How did he react to the news of Glaurung when he showed up back at the end of last season?
  17. Ange1e4e5

Maybe Glaurung would be brought up by either side; ie Maedhros saying that they need more time/people, while Fingolfin (maybe Fingon) would say that putting down such a creature would be why they should act now. House of Hador: I suggest that Hador has a premonition shortly before his death...
  18. Ange1e4e5

Session 5-08: Storylines of Men - Andreth and Barahir

The question is the second part of the statement: would it work from a pacing standpoint; that is, would Andreth want a stopover in Brethil if she wants to get to Dorthonion as quickly as possible?
  19. Ange1e4e5

Session 5-08: Storylines of Men - Andreth and Barahir

Both timeline and episode-wise. I could see Andreth and the Bëorians stopping by in Brethil as a stopover, but would it work pacing-wise?
  20. Ange1e4e5

Fingolfin and Fingon: They'll be hearing word of First Contact with the House of Bëor, but don't get involved until Hador comes to them as a young man and they take him in as a ward. He'll likely be friends with Fingon, who grants him his own lands of Dor-Lomin. Fingolfin calls for "the Big...