Search results

1. Haakon

Session 5-13 and 5-14: Last of the Elves + Villains

Well the plan is ‘to build an army and wipe out the Elves’, I don’t think they need to have meetings every Monday and talk about it. The decision that this is happening NOW is premature and something Morgoth could forget to make sure Sauron knows. Gothmog could even be told that Sauron has to be...
  2. Haakon

We are not making a Documentary

I agree with both MithLuin and Nicholas. I think that the distanced perspective of the PubSil is very far from how we should think of the narrative of SilmFilm. The people whose destinies we paint out here are often just names with one noted action (or less) in the Silmarillion. If this was a...
  3. Haakon

I don’t see why this is a problem. Besides, Dagor Bragollach is more or less a success anyway.
  4. Haakon

Sauron will attack Minas Tirith at the opening of next season, right? So I think it would be interesting if he’s not in the loop, and taken by surprise by the attack, which also shows the viewers that Morgoth attacks with impatience, somewhat prematurely (discussed earlier)
  5. Haakon

I stick to posting stuff about Círdan... Finrod should visit him and bring Bëor, and Círdan could try to get Bëor interested in ships. Finrod could say that sailing perhaps isn’t a thing Men do, and Círdan could reply ‘Who knows?’ And they could also discuss the relationship between Men and...
  6. Haakon

Haleth

Hannah John-Kamen? British actress, I haven't seen her act though. Anyone? She's been in a number of action films and shows on tv.
  7. Haakon

Hurray! Father Christmas has posted some podcast sessions for us!

Hurray! Father Christmas has posted some podcast sessions for us!
  8. Haakon

Session 5-15: Season Outline

Episodes 1-3 seem to be primarily focusing on Bëor and Aredhel. It looks to me like the wedding to Eöl comes rather quickly, Aredhel has to leave Gondolin in e1, mess about on the borders of Doriath and in Nan Dung and arrive at Curufin’s and Celegorm’s place in e2, leave in e3 and find Eöl in...
  9. Haakon

I would like to point out that I consider the amount of people who have done anything wrong or even made a mistake to be exactly zero. I think it’s been clear all along, or for a long time, that the ambition or idea that a given session is going to have a predictable content is always closer to...
  10. Haakon

This is important:
  11. Haakon

Thanks, well I didn't mean to whine...sorry! I just miss the fun.
  12. Haakon

Thanks for the summary @Rhiannon I am sad that there wasn't more discussion about Círdan. I've tried to post ideas the last weeks but it's been frustrating since he was supposed to come up and then wasn't, more than once. The process is hard to follow asynchronously, especially since the...
  13. Haakon

Yeah of course they could all try to see if it’s possible to go through Nan Dungortheb, even though they’re ill equipped. I agree that there are ways to do this without portraying them as cowards or unskilled or whatever. I really like @Rhiannon’s idea.
  14. Haakon

Maybe something like that yeah
  15. Haakon

Sorry if I’m being obscure. I mean the others are not going as far, and, since it’s a time of peace, they didn’t bother to bring equipment they’d otherwise bring (if they’d planned to fight giant spiders for example).
  16. Haakon

It’s a time of peace. They aren’t really equipped for battle, so they aren’t against such a journey per se but under the circumstances. Aredhel on the other hand could be better equipped since while the others are just coming along for a part of the journey, she’s not planning to return for a...
  17. Haakon

I’m not sure she needs someone else. It would be cool if she passes through Nan Dungortheb alone.
  18. Haakon

I want us to use Glorfindel and Ecthelion, but as companions, and then they part as she wants to go through Nan Dung but they don’t; she leaves without saying goodbye.
  19. Haakon

Ok I read amysrevenge’s post as being about Dagor B, since he referred to Morgoth ‘steaming out of Angband’.