Search results

1. MithLuin

Sample Television Scripts

Like with any project, it helps to look at examples of how other people have done the same thing, to get a feel for how to construct whatever it is you are trying to make. In this case...scripts for a television show. Fortunately, there are examples out there that have been made public, so...
  2. MithLuin

Session 5-15: Season Outline

I imagine that that would be tied into the Villains' reactions (in the C-plot), but I fully admit that the final two episodes are not yet well demarcated into story elements.
  3. MithLuin

Haha, true, there's nothing wrong with that gentleman's looks! If it makes it any better, by...

Haha, true, there's nothing wrong with that gentleman's looks! If it makes it any better, by 'funny', I mean he's willing to tease her and not act all serious all the time.
  4. MithLuin

He also appears in the Nicholas Sparks film 'The Longest Ride' as a love interest. I haven't...

He also appears in the Nicholas Sparks film 'The Longest Ride' as a love interest. I haven't seen the film (or any others of his), so I don't have a good feel for his potential. I know that playing 'funny' can be very challenging, so if you don't have much experience with comedic timing, that...
  5. MithLuin

Script Discussion S05E01

Oh, hmmm, yes, that's a very, very challenging timeslot! I guess the end of Daylight Savings next month will not help. I will say that the discussion will almost definitely last 4 hours, possibly longer, so you are certainly welcome to join in 'in progress' if you manage to wake up early, but...
  6. MithLuin

Haha, yeah, I don't tend to keep our casting in mind when planning out story ideas. Do you...

Haha, yeah, I don't tend to keep our casting in mind when planning out story ideas. Do you think the storyline is a bad match for him, or...?
  7. MithLuin

Rhiannon's suggestion was to reintroduce our elven and villain characters by showing them getting the news that Men have arrived in Beleriand. So, a few discrete scenes throughout the first episode of, say, Fingolfin and Fingon hearing about it, the Feanoreans, and the villains in Angband. But...
  8. MithLuin

What I am trying to say is that a rescue attempt requires recent knowledge concerning her predicament, and that is not going to happen. When she is newly married, she thinks she has everything under control and that Eöl is a good elf in need of a little guidance to achieve his full potential...
  9. MithLuin

I have attempted to color-code our plot lines, based on whether they are primarily stories focused on Elves, Men, Villains (or Dwarves). Obviously, a story like Andreth and Aegnor is a story of Men and Elves, not one or the other. The story will have a point of view, though - we will likely...
  10. MithLuin

Aredhel and Maeglin flee that way, and when Eöl follows, he is met by Curufin. Aredhel meeting up with Curufin on her flight back to Gondolin is certainly possible. Ie, she can tell them enough for them to figure out what happened at that point. If Celegorm and Huan are going to go after Eöl...
  11. MithLuin

Ah, I am starting to understand the issues at play here. In the original story, Aredhel has no contact with the Sons of Fëanor until she leaves Eöl and Nan Elmoth. She specifically visits Celegorm and Curufin while they are away, so she never sees them. So, one could conclude that if she...
  12. MithLuin

I currently have Aredhel appearing in Episodes 1-4, and then in Episode 8 and Episode 10. I'm not sure that's the best approach to telling her story, but I am also not sure how we want to handle the 'she's stuck in Nan Elmoth' story beyond a single scene showing her there with a young Maeglin...
  13. MithLuin

I attempted to add the Villains plotlines to the GANTT chart. Some of these placements are tentative. Presumably, we could show Sauron placing the spell on prisoners any time before Rhogrin's escape. Likewise, we can show Thuringwethil visiting Annael at any time after his return to Hithlum...
  14. MithLuin

My understanding was that his own plans would be to take control of key locations (Minas Tirith, Pass of Aglon) prior to a full-scale attack, so that Beleriand would be wide open to punch into on both the eastern and western fronts.
  15. MithLuin

Session 5-13 and 5-14: Last of the Elves + Villains

But in all seriousness, you have to remember how Eagles work. They aren't messengers. They are far-ranging observers. So, they figure out that Fingon and Maedhros are planning an offensive, and bring that news to Turgon. Turgon then makes his own plans to join in, and likely lets Thorondor...
  16. MithLuin

No worries, we basically waited for you to get there ;). Or at least, you probably didn't miss...

No worries, we basically waited for you to get there ;). Or at least, you probably didn't miss any Silm Film content on account of the fundraising drive discussion.
  17. MithLuin

Based on last night's discussion, the idea of Thuringwethil spying at the Pass of Aglon did not turn out to be something essential for us to include. I would not say that the idea was entirely panned/vetoed, but one of the places it would have mattered would have been in the attack on the...
  18. MithLuin

Session 5-13 and 5-14: Last of the Elves + Villains

I assumed the reference was to 'seaturtles' as used in the Pirates of the Caribbean films.
  19. MithLuin

We are not making a Documentary

Tolkien was a master at creating glimpses on the horizon - telling the reader just enough to let them know there was an involved history that was casually referenced, or a whole world beyond the horizon. It makes his world feel grounded and real, and it makes the reader want to know more about...
  20. MithLuin

As an experiment, I tried to construct a 'maximally compressed timeline'. This means that events are listed in the most compact chronological order possible, while still maintaining the correct order of story elements and appropriate generational gaps where needed. I am not suggesting that we...