Search results

1. Nicholas Palazzo

Session 5-19: The Differing Perspectives of Men and Elves

Fortunately, we have the ability to tell more than one story at a time. As to how much time, I'd have to give the matter some thought.
  2. Nicholas Palazzo

That's an excellent question, which deserves some thought. We might have to spend some time in Gondolin during S06 to explore that.
  3. Nicholas Palazzo

Script Discussion S05E04

Why would that be better?
  4. Nicholas Palazzo

Script Discussion S05E04

How long in real time do we think the assault lasts? Because if it's only a day or two, Caranthir's arrival is not an issue.
  5. Nicholas Palazzo

Merch Ideas

Lies!
  6. Nicholas Palazzo

Script Discussion S05E04

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.
  7. Nicholas Palazzo

Script Discussion S05E04

There seems to be a vale that passes through Ered Luin north of Mount Rerir. The source of the Greater Gelion. It is definitely behind the main lines of the siege, but doesn't require such a long journey outside the sheltering clouds of darkness. It also doesn't leave us asking questions as to...
  8. Nicholas Palazzo

Script Discussion S05E04

That is certainly when Caranthir makes that determination. I don't think there is anything resembling consensus on the subject that exists either before or after the event.
  9. Nicholas Palazzo

I'll admit that "perfect recall" is not the best descriptor for what I'm trying to express, as it implies eidetic memory, which they don't have, as you aptly point out. I suppose I'm speaking in a more narrow sense about experiential memory? When they remember things that happened to them in the...
  10. Nicholas Palazzo

Script Discussion S05E04

So, one thing I want to be careful of concerning the dwarves is not to signal to the audience that they'll be coming to rescue the Elves in the DB. Nor do I want to signal that the disaster is the dwarves' fault. I'm not saying this is necessarily the way that would go, just that it will take a...
  11. Nicholas Palazzo

On this particular point, I have to push back. The Elves have perfect recall when it comes to memory, so it seems unlikely they would think they were talking to someone they had known was dead.
  12. Nicholas Palazzo

To be fair, the sessions available for listening have been relatively behind as well.
  13. Nicholas Palazzo

Script Discussion S05E04

There are plenty of ways that could happen off-screen. We don't need to show Sauron finding out for him to find out.
  14. Nicholas Palazzo

Professor Olsen brought up this very point not incredibly long ago.
  15. Nicholas Palazzo

Script Discussion S05E04

So, there are a few issues here: 1) Placing the Annael plot near the beginning part of the episode kind of sidelines it, minimizing the importance of that event. 2) Boldog will not be returning from the stockade battle until it is over, effectively the final few moments of the episode. Not...
  16. Nicholas Palazzo

Script Discussion S05E04

So how would that worth within Angband?
  17. Nicholas Palazzo

Script Discussion S05E04

Ok, when I say, do we want to relocate the stockade battle, I mean literally. On the map. Because as has been discussed, it is pretty far behind the lines of the Noldor, and would be a pretty difficult target to hit. Given that Sauron will be working on Elves who are currently held in Angband...
  18. Nicholas Palazzo

Script Discussion S05E04

Ok, we have some time before this one. Contrary to popular belief (mine), this will be on December 6th @ 8:30 PM Eastern. We are introducing a new cadre of human characters here, as the people of Haleth emerge in the Stockade Battle. We are also going to get Eöl and Aredhel travelling in this...
  19. Nicholas Palazzo

Maedhros established that Fingolfin should be king because he was eldest of the descendants of Finwë available. Once Fingolfin dies, that should pass to Maedhros. It doesn't happen, so the rule isn't a firm policy.
  20. Nicholas Palazzo

Wouldn't it pass to Maedhros before Fingon by that definition?