Search results

1. K

The beginning of a Silm Film Wiki of sorts?

I feel like we can keep the pub-Silm-compatible part quite short. I don't know if we need both versions if it diverges? Might be good if it's a possibly confusing change. For photos of castings, that's no problem, you can upload those to the entry directly
  2. K

Oh I think no one would ask *you* to do more work :D I've done short summaries for all episodes of Season 1 now and added the Outlines in there. I think that is very doable for me, at least to draft them up. It's gonna be the wiki part, and maybe timeline stuff of it that's is more work, and...
  3. K

I think it would be very sad if a lot of it got lost. I don't think it all has to be comprehensively archived in this wiki, we still have the forum threads, but it would help a lot probably if there were some more navigable version of the project, which then would ideally link to longer forum...
  4. K

Totally agree, there should be some common ground. I think the episode timeline is fairly straightforward I think, we can try to keep them in summary length and they can be fairly casually written for my taste. It's only for orientation and the script'll be right at ones fingertips. We can...
  5. K

Hey everyone In my free time I play RPG's and someone from my local RPG group is working on this tool where you can catalogue your whole adventure, its worldbuilding and characters, and the events of game sessions. It's still work in progress, but i'm part of the tester group and it look really...
  6. K

Session 5-12: Miscellaneous Elves and Villains

Love the idea of some more Thuringwethil action. I wonder though how we're gonna "kill her off" I feel she should get a bit more than the typical Balrog death, or just getting crushed during a battle somewhere off-screen. Maybe she gets sent on a particularly dangerous missions as things heat...
  7. K

Blue Wizards

Ah, good so I didn't just invent that. But I didn't specifically remember the difference between those 2 accounts. For me the creation of the Rings and Sauron's career as Annatar mark a new period of the battle for Beleriand, it's now fewer giant battles, less direct, more diplomacy...
  8. K

Blue Wizards

ah wait i always get that mixed up, sorry. but still, they would be dealing with a big part of the humans that are a counterpoint to the numenoreans. it would just be post numenor.
  9. K

Just catched up on the SilmFilm ep. 3 to 5 today. Looove the suggestion of the Harad frame. Also...

Just catched up on the SilmFilm ep. 3 to 5 today. Looove the suggestion of the Harad frame. Also very interesting thoughts on the houses of men.
  10. K

Blue Wizards

I did this painting years ago, but still, I feel like they're running around, maybe getting mixed up in local conflicts & having adventures. Maybe they got close to corruption by Sauron, maybe not, but I feel in the end they did a similar thing as Gandalf, but on a smaller scale, more helping...
  11. K

Blue Wizards

Would there be a place for them in the second age maybe? Where you have the heavy focus on the humans in Numénor on the one hand, and the humans staying in middle earth, and in the extreme under the influence of our baddies, in Rhûn and Harad? Might be worth looking at other humans than just...
  12. K

Miscellanous Silm Film art

Thank you :) For her humanoid look I went some into the same direction as your painting of her from last season. I liked the idea of her in some way just inherently being a bat, and when she transforms into a human or an elf you might still see very subtle references to those features, but her...
  13. K

Miscellanous Silm Film art

Hi everyone it's been a while *waves* I've had quite a bit to do and vanished for a bit, and then the whole pandemic didn't exactly make it much better. Anyway I've got a bit of time again and I'm catching up on the podcast, fun times. Also I've finally finished the thuringwethil thingie i'd...
  14. K

Bre Draws Elves

Love the subtle evolution. Galadriel would probably be both a strong influence on the look of elves wherever she lives at any time, but probably increasingly also *the archetype* of elvish fashion since she's around for ever.
  15. K

Session 5-02: Scope of the Season

But does the audience need to understand the exact genealogy from Beor to Barahir then? Isn't it enough if we distinguish the houses well, so everybody knows that they're watching people of the House of Beor, and that one of them is the heir? Does it matter if people don't feel attached to every...
  16. K

Session 5-02: Scope of the Season

How about parallel non-linear timelines? (As you might expect, this is influenced by the timelines of the first witcher series, which I thought, having read the books, worked surprisingly well) As an alternative to compressing generations and generations of men so as to all get them into a...
  17. K

Session 5-01: Pre-production

Wow Rhiannon that's really thorough, thanks! That's probably a good guide for as soon as Men cross/walk around the ered luin. Now maybe I've missed something on why this isn't plausible (please correct me), but I was just looking at the map of Beleriand & eriador. If the men awaken in Hildorien...
  18. K

I feel like our conduits to the East and South would be Morgoth and Sauron (or lieutenants of theirs). We have always followed them with the story in SilmFilm, not always the same amount, but still. But once we've "arrived" in the East/South, we could very well attach to a couple of places or...
  19. K

Yes. I think we don't have to invent big plots (except if something develops organically), but I can't imagine that there were no contact points at all between dwarves and the other children of Illuvatar in that time. Between elves and men, there aren't that many contact points either, but it is...
  20. K

Do we have some small Dwarf side storylines planned by the by? I feel we should involve the dwarves a bit more than just once in a while "oh look they made us this artifact. Otherwise I think in a long form story like this it would stand out much more than in a movie if they're really...