Search results

1. Haakon

Oh lol he’s of course well known in Sweden. An eccentric who regrettably went increasingly more...

Oh lol he’s of course well known in Sweden. An eccentric who regrettably went increasingly more and more…unstable. His translation of the Lord of the Rings have wonderful qualities but unfortunately he took some liberties with the material… I haven’t read that book but it’s clear that it’s...
  2. Haakon

Impact of the proposed Amazon Project on the Silm Film Project

I think the story of the making of the rings is going to be told in flashbacks. We will get a main story of Numenor before they defeat Sauron, and then follow the timeline to the end of the Age and the catastrophe on the Gladden fields.
  3. Haakon

Isildur speculation here Rumours are our Maeglin is to play Isildur.
  4. Haakon

It’s obviously something people feel differently about. I’m watching Foundation right now which focuses on one time setting but keeps jumping back to various times of relevance. I think it works fine. In The Witcher, they play a more dangerous game, with multiple timelines that keeps the viewer...
  5. Haakon

Yeah multiple timelines would be a way to handle that.
  6. Haakon

Oh I’ve had so much else on my mind since about a year or so. Trying to keep up with Silmfilm...

Oh I’ve had so much else on my mind since about a year or so. Trying to keep up with Silmfilm but I can’t deny I’ve lost touch, forgot about details and decisions. I’m sorry about it, I don’t want it to be this way. Hopefully, better times will come.
  7. Haakon

Frequently Asked Questions for the Silmarillion Film Project

Haha right so I’d better erase my answer. EDIT: edited it
  8. Haakon

Frequently Asked Questions for the Silmarillion Film Project

Orodreth is the youngest son of Finarfin. EDIT: no precious, you’re messing things up, that was the earlier idea the execs had, but they changed their minds, didn’t they precious? Those tricksy execsss!
  9. Haakon

So now they’re saying Isildur is a role. He’s supposed to be a young adult this first season. That raises questions about the timeline. Will they compress it (I hope not) or jump/have storylines set in a number of different times (I hope, but it could be confusing)?
  10. Haakon

Fair enough. But it should be some indication of screen time. It makes sense to focus on mortals initially. And I have also read that we will probably have to wait til next season for Annatar.
  11. Haakon

I was not arguing against anything you wrote Haerengil, I was just trying to make my own thoughts clear. I agree, the Moria connection is probably something they'll use. Look at this: IMDb cast list Morfydd Clark, who will play Galadriel, is only to be in two episodes in season one. This...
  12. Haakon

Regarding the Harfoots I feel they probably won't stretch things Tolkien wrote very much, they live in the lower foothills of the Misty Mts, on the Eastern side, and are on friendly terms with the Dwarves. They are browner of skin than the Stoors and Fallohides (which gives the producers a lot...
  13. Haakon

Still, the Finrod role could be the size of Gil-galad in the Jackson movies.
  14. Haakon

What do you make of the rumours that the person on the Valinor picture is Galadriel’s brother, supposedly Finrod? Speculations are running amok, people are guessing at actors in the cast who could play Finrod… But more importantly, if Finrod is named in the show, that implies at least some...
  15. Haakon

Love Lenny Henry as a Harfoot I must say. The show will probably benefit from a solid Hobbit storyline (as long as they’re not a lot of comic relief). Yeah the thing he said about the Silmarillion… It seems the producers acquired rights at more than one occasion, if I’m not mistaken? First a big...
  16. Haakon

Men (as in humans)

https://forums.signumuniversity.org/index.php?threads/cast-so-far.327/post-32013
  17. Haakon

Men (as in humans)

But he's been cast as Ecthelion, if I'm not mistaken.
  18. Haakon

Dragon-Helm of Dor-Lomin

I started to think about Asian demon masks, and these ones are dragon masks from Bali. They’re kind of interesting since they’re both a little scary and at the same time they could be taken to be ridiculing the dragon.
  19. Haakon

Haha, I was up early and managed to catch a few minutes of the Webinar, was barely awake and...

Haha, I was up early and managed to catch a few minutes of the Webinar, was barely awake and made a couple of confused comments… Luckily, Corey ignored them. :)
  20. Haakon

Yes I agree it has to be Galadriel.

Yes I agree it has to be Galadriel.