Search results

1. Haakon

Amazon series: reactions to news and rumours. (Spoiler alert!)

I think scavenger look fits, they have been beaten and haven’t reorganised. Sauron will do that.
  2. Haakon

Alatar and Pallando

Wonderful discussion! Personally I think you’re being way too hasty, there is at least an Age until the Blue Wizards become relevant. And we don’t really have any particular focus on Valinor at this stage, so I’m afraid they’re far from relevant in that regard as well. Besides, we haven’t really...
  3. Haakon

Finrod's companions

Hm it seems I can’t actually move the posts. At least not from my phone (I have no access to a computer for around 22 hrs. I can: 1) link to them; 2) copy them and paste them where you want them. ;That would not make it clear who said what; 3) take screenshots and post them
  4. Haakon

Finrod's companions

Can do it, but I’m a bit uncertain I can identify the posts you mean. Could you please refer to their numbers?
  5. Haakon

Maybe Elves are better at fixing hairdos than us Men…
  6. Haakon

So in a couple of hours we will begin to learn more from all those who were invited to Oxford, the embargo ends.
  7. Haakon

I have to confess I really like these images EDIT: I love them.
  8. Haakon

I think it’s a magazine cover pose. I’d be surprised if it’s more than that.
  9. Haakon

Session 6-11: Beren and Lúthien Finale

I guess it could mean that but do they need that? They tend to arrive at the hour if need but not necessarily because someone has asked for their help. I’m sure this isn’t an exception. I’d sooner interpret their involvement here along the lines of them being alerted that someone the Valar care...
  10. Haakon

Yeah the names continue to be frustrating. Somebody said the Harfoot names sounded like Harry Potter names… quite fitting, regrettably
  11. Haakon

The Hobbit played by Lenny Henry is apparently named Sadoc Burrows.
  12. Haakon

One of three covers on the next issue of Empire shows the Harfoots. What do you think? Personally I like them.
  13. Haakon

Ok I see. That’s fine I guess, although it still kind of implies that they need his knowledge or insight
  14. Haakon

I am listening to the episodes asynchronously, so... Apologies in advance if I'm revisiting already solved issues. I'm also not sure if I've understood this correctly... :rolleyes: I take it that Daeron goes looking for Luthien, and that he understands that she's heading for Angband? And that...
  15. Haakon

My impression is certainly mixed at this point. I liked the title trailer, and much of the visuals, but I agree that some of the names make me less happy. I feel uncertain about some of the plotlines, I think we will just have to wait and see what works.
  16. Haakon

Wow it’s been a bumpy ride on social media since the teaser trailer dropped. The Rings of Power series have really received a lot of abuse - but it has also been defended. Personally I was really happy by the most recent turn of events, when a number of prominent Tolkien scholars and writers...
  17. Haakon

Beren

I like him! Also, he works well as Cabrera’s son. And yeah the singing is definitely a plus!
  18. Haakon

Ok so maybe three facts about Baragund and Belegund justify including them in casting: being dads of important daughters, the time being outlaws, and their deaths (important that those killed aren’t just redshirts or anonymous). Oh a survivor from Tol Sirion? Ok, do you think Edrahil or Inglor...
  19. Haakon

Not sure about Baragund and Belegund…and I’m also not sure about Finrod’s companions. I’d be inclined to suggest that we include them in casting if they can be made interesting enough, and somehow have a dramatic arch, although a small one. If they’re just people who have lines in the dialogue...