Search results

1. Makar

What is the Redhorn Gate?

In Swedish Gatan means The Street (jag gikk nedfør gatan, i walked down the street) In Norwegian it is (Jeg gikk nedover gata / i walked down the street) Then you have (for example) the Bergen dialect that never uses the "A" ending in words (gaten, jenten/the girl osv). (Jeg gikk nedover gaten)...
  2. Makar

What is the Redhorn Gate?

To be that one, "gata" is Swedish, "Gate" is Norwegian. It means street, btw.
  3. Makar

Why Not Eagles?

I fancy the thought that it is an link to another story (that did not get written), just like Tuor meeting Turin on the way to Gondolin. Makes no sense if one have not read "Children of Hurin", but highly enjoyable if one have. And, also and more important, it is one of those things Tolkien is...
  4. Makar

Waiting for the "The Fall of Numenor" book and audio-book. Gotta have them all. I wonder if...

Waiting for the "The Fall of Numenor" book and audio-book. Gotta have them all. I wonder if THoME ever will be out as audiobooks....take my money !
  5. Makar

Godt jobba !

Godt jobba !
  6. Makar

I would go for the Apocalypse Now! version, but to each his own :)

I would go for the Apocalypse Now! version, but to each his own :)
  7. Makar

Amazon series:reactions and thoughts (Spoiler alert!)

When they recorded the scenes on the raft he (the actor) did not know he was Sauron, which might give a clue.
  8. Makar

Episode 188 Summary

My imperssion is the same, but more in the line of pity. Which fits his carachter very good ideed.
  9. Makar

Merch Ideas

Too bad that the postage is insanely expensive outside the US :(
  10. Makar

Of Orcs and Their Torches

Yes, but the question was about the ORIGINAL PERCEPTION.
  11. Makar

Of Orcs and Their Torches

Well, in the Book of Lost Tales they were VERY nimble and Fairy-like.
  12. Makar

Possible purposes of the crows (session 239)

And the Nazgul would notice someone searching the area. Since they know it is not Sauron, it would be easy for them to draw the conclusion who it is....
  13. Makar

Why would we think that Saruman despatched the Crebain to Hollin?

My first impression was that it is Saruman. And, with that said, i read the books before i saw the movie
  14. Makar

I listen to Coreys podcast(s) because they make me think and see things from different angles. Quite an analytical approach, i know. SilFilm does not particulary interest me (even if it is a bit intrgueing), but i MUCH ENJOY Coreys spontaneous thoughts about the subjects/problems that they have...
  15. Makar

Did the Valar kill Frodo's parents?

Well, it seems to me quite clear that all the small (or, as you might say, the chincks in Fates armour) Providence-working are Illuvatars doing, and the larger ones ,like the wind from the south at the siege of Minas Tirith, is the Valars doing. Then we have the things inbetween (the prophetic...
  16. Makar

I would dearly love

Well, i feel my interest is dwindling. And that is from a zero-point. I have more interest in the talks about the show, than the show itself. (OmOh, PPP, Tolkienpodden et al).
  17. Makar

Amazon series: reactions to news and rumours. (Spoiler alert!)

Yes, but it is because the trees were killed they go to war with him. But, as we do not know what is planned with the Sllmarils in the future (and we do not know what they can do with them legallty), it is hard to be too absolute on this topic.
  18. Makar

Well, i have never said anything bad about Corey and i am not going to start now. Even if i do not agree with him, ESPESCIALLY when i do not agree with him (which happens now and then).
  19. Makar

Yes, but the Silmarills were not mentioned as the reason for the elves going to Beleriand. The threes are. So, they seems to have the rights to talk about and show the trees, but the Silmarils seems downplayed and just mentioned as (you rightly said) an example of the craftmanship of the elves...
  20. Makar

That fact that the Silmarills are hardly mentioned confirms the legal side of things. "Darn Morgoth for killing those trees. The Silmarils? What? What are you talking about?"