Search results

1. Karita Alexander

Hey guys, I had video interviews with three of our creative types, watch...

Hey guys, I had video interviews with three of our creative types, watch here:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNtGtk9mQ_X2rWqWYYcBLVw
  2. Karita Alexander

A Place to Park my Thoughts

I like the idea of ward tattoos. It is a very different approach to visually depicting Tolkien's elves, but I think it makes perfect sense within the context of the world.
  3. Karita Alexander

Femme fatale et mauvaises femmes

My favorite (predictably) is the Ungoliant costume. I want to pull it out of my screen and try it on.
  4. Karita Alexander

Nerdanel

I don't have an actress in mind, but I'd love to see someone who looks strong. Not "surprisingly strong for a mere slip of a girl" strong (like Rey in the Force Awakens, who had a great 'slim but incredibly athletic street waif' thing going on), but like, built. Hard to knock over, forearms for...
  5. Karita Alexander

Session 2.11 for S2E07

I'm hesitant about going for the mentally unwell angle, for a few reasons. As you pointed out, Ouzaru, it might indicate that he is in some sense not responsible for his actions. I'm sure you are all aware of this next reason (I don't mean to preach to the choir), but another reason I'm...
  6. Karita Alexander

Session 2.11 for S2E07

I totally agree that Turin also fits that description very well. He is another of the more complicated characters in the Silmarillion; but in addition to Turin's wont for emotionally driven poor decisions (which he has in common with Feanor), the thing that strikes me about him is his...
  7. Karita Alexander

Session 2.11 for S2E07

You guys seem to have this well in hand, but I'll go ahead and chime in with my take on some of the interpersonal stuff. Miriel and Indis being friends? I don't hate it. It is entirely possible to depict this in a way that doesn't make it full of "my dying wife's best friend is kinda hot"...
  8. Karita Alexander

Music of the bad guys and monsters

Warning: This has nothing to do with the Silmarillion Have you see Danny Kaye in "The Secret life of Walter Mitty?" He has a musical scene in which the words "evil french horn" are relevant.
  9. Karita Alexander

Episode 4: Not the Trail of Tears (or Episode 3)

I will do my best to be there and be on time. I also have a hard stop at 9:30, so that works nicely.
  10. Karita Alexander

Bad Guys Story Arc for Season Two

I'm thinking about Mairon's arc partially in terms of A. increase and decrease of power and B. increase and decrease of evil. We see Melkor growing steadily in evil, but overall diminishing in power. To me at least, the impact he has on the people and landscape around him seems more tremendous...
  11. Karita Alexander

S02E03: The Great Debate

Hey, sorry my phone cut out right there at the end. We have a thunder storm blowing in tonight. Anyway, great conversation! It was nice to be able to participate a little more fully this time around.
  12. Karita Alexander

S02E03: The Great Debate

Huh. On my end it says that "the broadcast will begin soon", on both my phone and computer.
  13. Karita Alexander

Kick-off: Script Discussion for Season 2!

It is beautiful and sunny here! ...but I don't have a webcam. So, as usual, you will find me in the chat box.
  14. Karita Alexander

Session 2.03

I'll be at a conference on the 16th, but I'll be back home and hopefully able to join in the conversation the next time around.
  15. Karita Alexander

Colors and Fabrics

I like this idea. It will help combat the appearance of homogeneous crowd. I can't imagine elves having actual laws in place about who can wear which color, but it would stand to reason that people from the same area or family would have access to and/or a preference for specific colors and...
  16. Karita Alexander

Shiny New Script Outlines

Here is episode 8. Not sure that I nailed the most excellent Alex Outline Format, but there you go.
  17. Karita Alexander

Hair and Makeup

Here are some examples that are similar to your picture, a more yellow-green. I think we should avoid a solid and uniform color like this example. While it looks cool, that it evokes neon lights more than it does plants or anything you might find in nature. A more natural look can be...
  18. Karita Alexander

Hair and Makeup

Let's talk about Uinen and her amazing green hair. What are we imagining? How much does it literally look like seaweed? (I apologize for not giving proper credit to the owners of these photos; they are posted in several places and I had troubles hunting down the original sites) Examples of hair...
  19. Karita Alexander

Hair and Makeup

I thought we could use a separate space for hair and makeup, so as to not clutter up the costume threads too much. I'd love to see drawing or photos (original or curated) of the hair and makeup looks for our cast. The hosts have asked how "weird", or how much like the x-men we want the Valar to...
Back