Search results

1. R

Session 1.3

Hey Nicholas, I agree with your position here. When Sam Gamgee talks about the great old stories, his perspective is not that they are symbolic. The power of the stories is that they really happened. Also, I think it is important to pin the whole saga to Iluvatar, a real being, whose real...
  2. R

Episode 1-2

I wrote this earlier today before reading your posts. I love that we are thinking so similarly. I think pinning everything to Iluvatar strongly can give the characters and the audience hope in the midst of Melkor's chaos.
  3. R

Episode 1-2

I am not sure I agree with the conversation in the podcast, because it doesn't seem to start with Iluvatar. I am thinking that the first episode could go like this: an unnamed father sitting at fireside reading a treasured volume to his small son, a story that has been handed down from...
  4. R

Episode 1-1

I am thinking of the LOTR universe as a continuum here, referring to Tom Bombadil and Goldberry. Melkor's power is full of self-glorification. Iluvatar could make him cease to exist in a moment, but chooses instead to allow him to live. Tom Bombadil knows this, and that's why he is able to live...
  5. R

Episode 1-1

Although this conversation is over my head, I would like to make a suggestion. In the dark days of Melkor's power, would it be possible to weave in, a bit of light. Maybe a story of a female maiar marrying an elf (Sindarin), and bearing a golden-haired daughter, who catches the eye of another...
  6. R

Episode 1-1

7. R

Episode 1-1

8. R

Swords

Also, lifespans would play a part, I think. Men would often focus on the moment, so their swords etc might be for the most part, thought of as a tool. Long life gives one time to really work at craftsmanship, and a sword would become, over one's lifetime, a work of art...
  9. R

Swords

Back