Search results

1. biotrom

Does Legolas actually walk on the snow?

Is there any indication that Legolas is on top of the snow when he's not running? If I'm reading the passage correctly, he says his piece about otters, then starts running, then says his thing about the sun while running, runs around the corner, and then an hour later returns. When he passed...
  2. biotrom

...fade away...

Has anyone put "Old Elves never die; they just fade away" on a t-shirt yet?
  3. biotrom

Divine Action

Hey, Corey. Thank you so much for this livestream. It's a bright spot in my week! I wanted to make this small observation during class last night, but I wasn't in a convenient place to type then. You've often argued that the action of the Valar and the action of Iluvatar probably cannot be...
  4. biotrom

Dracula Class 2 Octagonal Observation

There was some discussion of Harker's octagonal room in Dracula's castle. But no significance was found during the discussion. This could be helpful... Catholic baptismal fonts are traditionally eight-sided to signify the New Creation (the "complete" 7 plus 1). And when the baptistry is an...
  5. biotrom

Possible Solution for Bruinen Horse Race

I was hoping to sit down and write a detailed post, maybe with a schematic or two, but I just don't have the time. So I'll just say quickly... When Tolkien says that two of the Black Riders rose "towards Frodo," couldn't that be taken to mean that they were on an intercept course toward him and...
  6. biotrom

Elf Meter Common?

Just finished the Shaping of Middle Earth series on the podcast feed. A thought struck me in the "Horns of Ylmir" discussion. (Love that poem!) Corey said something about "Elf meter" (iambic heptameter) being obscure or unusual or something to that effect. But the feel of it was very familiar...
  7. biotrom

Caught up!

After several years of listening, I have finally caught up on the entire Tolkien Professor podcast feed! I only skipped a few of the Riddles in the Dark episodes that were particularly irrelevant post-Hobbit movies. Now to keep working on the Mythgard Academy feed. I'm up to the Shaping of...
Back