Search results

1. MithLuin

Húrin

Part of my problem is that I keep thinking of guys who are significantly older than what we're looking for. I imagine we'd want someone in the late 20's/early 30's age range. But we also want someone short/stocky - a guy who looks like if someone runs into him....they'll fall down, and he'll...
  2. MithLuin

Session 7-12: Casting Criteria

No plans at this time, but if he becomes a more important role as the season progresses, we could consider that. We'd want to make him look like the same people-group as Ulfang and Uldor. But we don't really have a personality/character for him yet.... [If he's only in one episode, I would...
  3. MithLuin

What makes an actor eligible for casting in Season 7?

As a heads up, there are a few criteria an actor must meet in order to be cast in the Silmarillion Film Project. The actor needs to be: 1) alive 2) have an imdb page 3) not have been previously cast on Silm Film At this point, approximately 150 actors have been cast in this project over the...
  4. MithLuin

Morwen

I was trying to think of young actresses with a very 'steel-like' carriage... people who know how to show that a character is holding a lot in. I think that would be the right direction for Morwen. ...and then I remembered Kristina Tonteri-Young. She's in Warrior Nun and Outside the Wire...
  5. MithLuin

Saruman the White

I will say that this man has a magnificent beard. I'm not sure I can see him as Saruman, as he seems like a fairly affable guy, and his character in this particular film seems to be rather self-effacing. Trevor Jamieson
  6. MithLuin

Saruman the White

Going back to 2017, we've had the following suggestions for the Istari in general or Saruman in particular (Istari thread): Jeremy Irons Peter Capaldi Charles Dance (see above) Terence Stamp Trevor Jamieson Ken Watanabe Geoffrey Rush James Cromwell Alan Dale
  7. MithLuin

Saruman the White

We've had several suggestions for our Istari over the years. The most important aspect of Saruman's portrayal should be his mellifluous voice - sonorous, honeyed, smooth, could listen to him read the phone book. And one of his most important personality traits is his self-importance - he...
  8. MithLuin

Certainly, that could have been a possibility. We discussed that option during the session and rejected it, choosing instead to have the people of Bor be the group that had already inhabited Eriador before the Estolad culture migrated through, and before the arrival of the Bree-culture. The...
  9. MithLuin

Season 7 Casting List

Season 7 Casting List (after Session 7-12) Elves - Gwindor Gwindor should be 'tormented' in two different ways. In Season 7, he is haunted by the loss of his brother in the Dagor Bragollach, and as such becomes a bit of a zealot obsessed with fighting. And then of course after his time in...
  10. MithLuin

Notes from the session. We are looking to cast 14 characters from our project this season. Season 7 Casting List Elves - Gwindor Gwindor should be 'tormented' in two different ways. In Season 7, he is haunted by the loss of his brother in the Dagor Bragollach, and as such becomes a bit of a...
  11. MithLuin

Yes, I think it is time for Finduilas, though I'd like to still hold off on Gil-galad until we have a bit more story for him. Galdor-the-elf has already been cast. He may make a background appearance this season. But of course you mean Galdor, father of Húrin and Huor. If we're going to...
  12. MithLuin

Characters we might need to cast this season? House of Hador Húrin Huor House of Bëor Morwen Rían House of Haleth Handir Easterlings Bór Ulfang Uldor Dwarves Azaghâl (the Younger)? 2 Everyman Dwarves of Belegost Elves Gwindor Any other suggestions? We don't need to come up with casting...
  13. MithLuin

Welcome, Cyclops! You are welcome to suggest actors in the Casting forum here: https://forums.signumuniversity.org/index.php?forums/season-7.148/ You are correct that this podcast will be focused on casting criteria (age, looks, height, abilities, personality, etc) , not on suggesting actors...
  14. MithLuin

Season 7 Calendar

15. MithLuin

Session 7-12 will be held on Thursday April 11th at 10 PM Eastern Time. We will be discussing the Casting Criteria for our new characters. So, some things to consider: Which characters will we need to cast in Season 7? For characters on our list, what age range are we looking for in our...
  16. MithLuin

Session 7-11: Frame Outline

Yes, Episode 1 should have a frame. So, we will have 13 small frame stories to tell in this season. Here's the Season Outline so far: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11Q4wPA4Ay-oAXq_yTbnm7WGc1URsZpzg/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=115544030147123164884&rtpof=true&sd=true
  17. MithLuin

Session 7-11: Frame Outline

Our next session will be held on Thursday March 28th at 10 PM Eastern time. We will be coming up with the 13 episode points for the Season 7 frame. Our earlier frame discussion is summarized here...
  18. MithLuin

Script Discussion - S07E02

The Episode outline may be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UH1X8OxaFzvy81GcWYy0BH4DW571m6VrL8aQfU40rWg/edit?usp=sharing A-Plot: The Silmarillion Film Project Season 7, Episode 2: Central conflict: The young Men return from Faerie, and re-enter the world of Men…and action is...
  19. MithLuin

Script Discussion - S07E01!

Yes, it is! Starting in ~ 2 hours
  20. MithLuin

Session 7-10: The Nirnaeth Arnoediad

Of the Edain, I realize that Maedhros can't really say "trust me, there's a plan" and expect people to trust him. It is possible that he can alude to a plan without stating it on screen for the viewer, though, to build anticipation for what the plan is. Not for too long, but it's dangerous to...
Back