Search results

1. D

Call for Volunteers!

Don Standing is the name. I taught English for 35 years, so what strengths I have are in the writing and editing areas. I have no tech skills other than word processing and even that I would not call a strength. I live to serve
  2. D

Merch Ideas

I posted this before, but it has disappeared. Once more into the breach. Three ideas: Elvish has left the building Tolkien ( or I) loved forests to the Enth degree Gwaith uin Narn (People of the Tale). It seems a natural for us Mythgard types. In tengwar, of course
  3. D

Orcs

I don't entirely disagree. As I said, my suggestion is a tad heretical, but it would be a solution. A problem with monotheism is that the omnipotent deity must allow evil. Therefore, everything that happens in Arda must be in the Music. The "most hateful to Iluvatar" statement is the Elves'...
  4. D

Orcs

Forgive my late arrival, but I've been listening to the podcasts as I walk Frodo, the wonder dog and it takes a lot of walking to get through an episode. Anyway, this is my solution to the orc question. Ents (at least) and Eagles have free will and are, therefore, sanctioned by Iluvatar. I don't...
Back