Search results

1. Ange1e4e5

Rían

Rían (F.A. 450 to F.A. 472) is the daughter of Belegund and cousin of Morwen. Sweet-tempered and gentle, with a love of nature and poetry, she is forced to relocate to Dor-Lómin after the Dagor Bragollach where she meets and falls in love with Huor, the younger brother of Húrin. Huor is killed...
  2. Ange1e4e5

Galdor the Tall

Galdor the Tall (to differentiate him from Galdor of the Havens and Galdor of Gondolin who may have been combined for this adaptation) is the elder son of Hador and brother of Gloredhel and Gundor, husband of Hareth of Brethil and father of Húrin Thalion and Huor. Lord of Dor-Lómin during the...
  3. Ange1e4e5

Fight Choreography

Having grown up watching fantasy films like the Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, and Pirates of the Caribbean and as a fencer in my high school and college years, I'd like to start a dedicated thread on fight choreography. I also developed a rudimentary choreography sequence for a sparring match...
  4. Ange1e4e5

Frame Story for Season 7 and Beyond

What would be a good frame to accompany a season based on unity?
  5. Ange1e4e5

Season 7 Casting List

Since Season 7 is starting soon, I've decided to speculate about which roles we'd need for the upcoming season. Right now I'm looking at: Húrin: Son of Galdor the Tall, accedes to the Lordship of Dor-Lómin after his father's death (likely our central character), could be two-person cast role...
  6. Ange1e4e5

Narrative Irony in the Túrin story

Túrin makes a lot of mistakes due to his pride and his temper. He isn't stupid per se as he's a good battlefield commander, but long-term? He has a clear blind spot, as shown with his military buildup of Nargothrond puts the city right in Morgoth's crosshairs, even though it's repeatedly pointed...
  7. Ange1e4e5

Eilinel

Eilinel is the young wife of Gorlim, fair and gentle. She is killed in the sacking of Dorthonion and Ladros by Orcs; her fate was unknown to her husband. Gorlim took to searching for Eilinel at the abandoned settlements but on one of these excursions he was seized by Thurwingwethil and Orcs, the...
  8. Ange1e4e5

Beren

Beren is the son of Barahir and Emeldir. When the Dagor Bragollach led to the deaths of the lords Angrod and Aegnor in Dorthonion and Ladros, Barahir, Beren, and 11 others led a defense of the land they called home. Only Beren is left alive when the band is betrayed by Gorlim the Unhappy and...
  9. Ange1e4e5

Gorgol the Butcher

Gorgol is an Orc war-captain in service to Morgoth under the command of Sauron. Sauron tasks him with eliminating Barahir and his band. Being a braggart, Gorgol takes Barahir's hand bearing the Ring given by Finrod but this proves to be his downfall when Beren, intent on avenging his father...
  10. Ange1e4e5

Huan, the Hound of Valinor (Voice)

Huan is a wolfhound of Valinor, bonded with Celegorm, son of Fëanor. Immortal, tireless, and sleepless, Huan is allowed to speak three times in his life and said to only meet his end by the greatest werewolf that ever lived. Huan accompanied Celegorm to Beleriand and intercepted Lúthien as she...
  11. Ange1e4e5

Baragund and Belegund

Baragund and Belegund are the cousins of Barahir, sons of his uncle Bregolas. Each has a daughter, Baragund is the father of Morwen making him grandfather to Túrin, and Belegund is the father of Rian making him grandfather of Tuor. Both brothers participated in Barahir's defense of Dorthonion...
  12. Ange1e4e5

Eilinel

Eilinel is the wife of Gorlim the Unhappy. Fair and gentle, she was killed in the razing of Dorthonion/Ladros during the Dagor Bragollach though her husband was unaware. Gorlim took to looking for Eilinel at the abandoned settlements and on one of these searches was captured by Thurwingwethil...
  13. Ange1e4e5

Gorlim

Gorlim the Unhappy is a member of Barahir's band of 13 outlaws who defended Dorthonion and Ladros against Morgoth and his forces after the Dagor Bragollach. He has a wife named Eilinel. One night, Gorlim goes back to the Beorian settlements at Ladros to find his wife again (he'd been making a...
  14. Ange1e4e5

Morwen

Morwen Eledhwen (443 F.A.-approx. 500 F.A.) is the daughter of Baragund of the House of Bëor. A teenager at the Dagor Bragollach she eventually makes it to Dor-Lómin where she marries Húrin, the young lord of the House of Hador, with whom she bore three children: Túrin, Urwen (named Lalaith) and...
  15. Ange1e4e5

Magic in Season 6

Yes; there is a plot concerning the Nauglamir that is in the works; it concerns the Dwarves and pilgrimages. As for visuals, when I think of Lúthien putting the court of Angband to sleep, I keep envisioning the scene from the Disney Sleeping Beauty when the fairies place the kingdom (or at...
  16. Ange1e4e5

Maeglin

Maeglin makes his debut in Season 5. I am no composer, but I suggest that his theme is something that is initially light instrumentation-wise (maybe violins and flute for earlier seasons, cello, maybe low brass as it turns darker by the Fall of Gondolin), but slowly changes over time into...
  17. Ange1e4e5

Abrazân

Abrazân is the elder son of Queen Azrâindil of the Haradrim. More brawny than his brother Arnûben, he becomes another pupil of Gandalf this season. Unlike his brother Arnûben, Abrazân does not turn on Gandalf and flees Harad after the coup where his mother is killed and the city falls to Sauron...
  18. Ange1e4e5

Queen Azrâindil

Queen Azrâindil is the matriarch of the Haradrim city-state Gandalf travels to in the frame and mother of Abrazân and Arnûben, the latter of whom will become the Mouth of Sauron down the timeline. A firm but fair leader, she has to keep balance between the ruling class and the common folk, the...
  19. Ange1e4e5

Arnûben

Arnûben (Adûanic for King-servant, steward) is the younger son of Queen Azrâindil of the Haradrim and younger brother of Abrazân. A quiet, studious youth, the two sons become pupils of Gandalf in his guise of Incanus, which in Arnûben's case echoes the relationship between Gandalf and Faramir...
  20. Ange1e4e5

Haldad

Haldad is the first known leader of the Haladin, father of Haleth and Haldar, and grandfather of Haldan. Under his leadership, the Haladin set up a settlement in Thargelion, where they received at least one attack on their people by Sauron. Haldad is KIA in an assault on the stockade in F.A...
Back