Search results

1. Benjamin Kozlowski

Lord Dunsany, Back in Action

James Portnow, of Extra Credits (which has recently expanded its purview to science-fiction), realizing the complete dearth of available scholarship on Lord Dunsany, has tried to breathe new life into this much-forgotten author. He has recently published an annotated edition of Dunsany's "A...
  2. Benjamin Kozlowski

What about Philip Pullman?

I've always admired Pullman's capacity as a story-crafter. I love The Golden Compass dearly, from the first scene to the last, as a Master class in pacing and how to explore themes and ideas in speculative fiction. I love the masterstroke of using daemons to put into dialogue what normally...
  3. Benjamin Kozlowski

Literary Jump Scare?

Szadek is naturally taciturn, that's why he seems so sullen. That, and he's recently been stuck with the unenviable task of working with LeBlanc, who he thinks is a complete pretentious moron at this point (he's not wrong). Mostly I was referring to LeBlanc sniping at Adams (his SO) in his...
  4. Benjamin Kozlowski

Literary Jump Scare?

So as part of writing this quasi-horror novel, I'm experimenting with the tension/release cycles typical to horror. Personally, I don't think written fiction lends itself to horror: the reader has too much control for a proper "scare" - or at least not the way it works in movies. But that just...
  5. Benjamin Kozlowski

Introductions and Summaries

That, I can handle. I just didn't want to jump out of my current project and start something brand new - as it is I did a mess of research last night, and now know more than I ever expected to about the way the Ohio police force is structured.
  6. Benjamin Kozlowski

Oh, good. I feel much better about working on something I've already started... This is my first time on NaNo, and it seemed they were stressing the "start from scratch" approach.
  7. Benjamin Kozlowski

Hello! I'm Ben Kozlowski and I'm Signum's newest pesky volunteer creative-writer person. Rather than do something civilized like teach a class, I'm going to spend the month of November writing a novel for NaNoWriMo, and I welcome you to join me. Even if novels aren't your thing, I'm aiming to...
Back