Search results

1. R

Nazgul Perception

A totally pedestrian take on this...when a horse and rider are well matched and spend enough time together, the rider will often be able to interpret the behaviour of the horse. Horses are primarily prey, and therefore hyper vigilant concerning their surroundings. It would be feasible that a...
  2. R

What'cha reading?

I'm rereading Dune and listening to the podcast as I go. I've also started Laughing Shall I Die. I'm finding that there are not enough hours in the day since I stumbled across Mythgard...
  3. R

What power is in a name?

Please disregard..I see this topic has already been addressed.
  4. R

What power is in a name?

This is going back to where Sam recites The Fall of Gil-galad (sorry, I'm still catching up). When Pippin expresses dismay at the possibility of going to Mordor, he is warned by Strider to " not speak that name so loudly!" Why? Is it a superstitious name the devil and he doth appear thing...
  5. R

Aragorn or Strider?

Sorry...I have been catching up on some posts and it seems that this sort of thing has already been discussed. It makes sense that Aragorn's character develops over the course of the story.
  6. R

Aragorn or Strider?

When Butterbur voices his concern about Frodo taking up with a Ranger, Strider responds by asking, "Then who would you take up with? A fat innkeeper who only remembers his own name because people shout it at him all day?" This has always seemed a little harsh to me, and not a very kingly way of...
Back