Search results

1. Meaghan

A potential music idea for Earendil

Okay! Cool beans. And thank you for the feedback! I’ll have to find the Wingelot theme and catch up on everything you’ve already done—I’m sort of still stuck back in season two.
  2. Meaghan

A potential music idea for Earendil

Hi! So, I tend to be super inactive on the forum threads, and I know this won’t really be relevant for (checks calendar) probably ten years, so I hope this is okay, but I had a rough idea for a potential Earendil theme: I was trying to go for something that had a simple melody, but which...
  3. Meaghan

Elven military

That’s fair. Leather armor seems like a bit of a D&D-ish trope, especially with the way it’s usually presented. My main point was just that armor can be made out of things besides metal: leather lamella armor was used to some degree by the Bronze Age Chinese; laminar armor made of leather or...
  4. Meaghan

Elven military

It probably wouldn’t be too much of a stretch. Humans in the real world have been deliberately using fire for tens of thousands of years, and there is some evidence that it predates Homo sapiens by a bit. And, when we meet men in the text, it’s unclear just how long they’ve been around, so...
  5. Meaghan

Femme fatale et mauvaises femmes

So, I know I’m exceedingly late to this, too, but I really liked your color scheme and six winged seraph idea for the pre-fall balrogs/the kind of spirit Arien is and decided to play with it. The second one is super rough, and it’s four wings, not six, with the secondary pair being...
  6. Meaghan

Dischord and Chaos

I wish you the best of luck. That’s not an easy task, but I’m sure whatever you write will be great!
  7. Meaghan

Morgoth´s Helmet

Thanks! Though I need to fiddle with it some more. I’m not sure about the shape of the silmarils. I haven’t been through the whole forum, but is there a place where people decided what shape they are, or whether or not they’re faceted?
  8. Meaghan

Elven military

That’s a good point. Coinage is a fairly modern (well, modern from a ‘within the entire scope of human history’ point of view, and since this entire story is taking place in a hazy prehistorical age, it would make sense for them not to have coins, even if anyone decides to give anyone some kind...
  9. Meaghan

Dischord and Chaos

I don’t know if this is a good answer, and I’m probably the wrong person to comment on this, but the discord could be more—well, not exactly atonal, but strident; f-sharps and f-naturals butted up against each other, and big clustery John Williams-style space chords that never resolve, but the...
  10. Meaghan

Elven military

I like the Vendelheim type helmets for the Sindar, but they could also save them for Haleth’s people. The symbol for the house of Haleth looks a bit like an extremely stylized version of those helmets:
  11. Meaghan

Morgoth´s Helmet

I know I’m extremely late to the game (still catching up on the SilmFilm project), but here’s a model of a version of the iron crown: Link to the model: https://sketchfab.com/models/19c57063338048749a76ad705c93ae2f I was going for something that militaristic in look but functionally...
Back