Search results

1. K

Music in S6E10

There are four mentioned pieces of music in ep. 10 (plus a little orc drinking song that at som point might be heard in the background) First up ofc, Luthien singing Carcharoth to sleep. That is just the bit from the Lay. Then I guess I made up a little folk song that the Beorians apparently...
  2. K

Help with Tolkien's vocabulary and poetic structure

Hey everyone, i am currently working on translating a poem that resurfaced a couple years ago, well a german translation from the eighties of an unpublished tolkien poem. Mims Klage, a lament of Mim the petty dwarf. Because of that i am looking for resources on Tolkien's vocabulary preferences...
  3. K

Alatar and Pallando

oh i have this conspiracy theory about the two blue wizards, that they are actually secretely makar and méassë (which actually fits with the quite martial surnames the two blue wizards get). Bc I think the two used-to-be valar didn't just disappear from the story but just got demoted to maiar in...
  4. K

The beginning of a Silm Film Wiki of sorts?

Hey everyone In my free time I play RPG's and someone from my local RPG group is working on this tool where you can catalogue your whole adventure, its worldbuilding and characters, and the events of game sessions. It's still work in progress, but i'm part of the tester group and it look really...
  5. K

Miscellaneous Silmarillion Art

Hi everyone it's been a while *waves* I've had quite a bit to do and vanished for a bit, and then the whole pandemic didn't exactly make it much better. Anyway I've got a bit of time again and I'm catching up on the podcast, fun times. Also I've finally finished the thuringwethil thingie i'd...
  6. K

Anyone going to the Tolkien expo in Paris this winter?

Hi everyone Is anyone considering going to the Tolkien expo in Paris? (It's the one that was in oxford and new york before) I thought I could visit sometime this winter, somewhere around Christmas (not during, god forbid, the city will be so full of tourists) or middle of february, shortly...
Back