Search results

1. Nathan Dessonville

The Fingering of the Horn

Oh, I am convinced Boromir would be the worst poker player of the Fellowship.
  2. Nathan Dessonville

The Fingering of the Horn

Corey pointed out that Boromir blows his horn when he is about to step out and put forth, when he is taking action toward or against something. Indeed, his desire to literally use the ring to take action against Sauron can be seen expressed when he fingers the horn - he is thinking about the...
  3. Nathan Dessonville

Script Discussion Frame Backfill Session

In my haste to get "caught up" I appear to have skipped to many parts of too many episodes. I had no clue you had already incorporated Tevildo! That is very cool! Thanks for letting me know.
  4. Nathan Dessonville

Script Discussion Frame Backfill Session

Hi, I apologize if this isn't the right place to comment; please forgive me for I am a bit of a noob. Please redirect if if this is so. There was some discussion from Corey during the recent live stream that was about the Cult of Sauron having changed/deviated over time, and of course this...
  5. Nathan Dessonville

How I understand Elrond's comments

It seems to me that we should approach Elrond's words through the lens of Gandalf's question: what shall we do with it? I don't read his words as random comments; there is a logical flow here, though it requires some assumptions, and I think it all intentionally leads to Bombadil. To...
  6. Nathan Dessonville

Aragorn's Ancestry

How meaningful would the revelation of Aragorn's ancestry be to the original reading audience? There certainly are references throughout the first book to the men of Numenor and the Kingdom of Arnor, but I think it is subtle enough that Tolkien's first time LOTR readers wouldn't catch on. I...
  7. Nathan Dessonville

Interested Observor

Interested Observor
Back