Search results

1. F

Boromir's prophecy

I am sorry I am behind quite a bit. I dont know if this is covered later and I am trying to catch up, but I sat through listening to quite a bit of assumptions that the prophecy Boromir told from the dream was actually meant for Faramir. And that it should have been Faramir who came instead of...
  2. F

Why is Tolkien's world Medieval?

Why do you think Middle Earth is set in a Medieval setting? I dont mean why is it set in medieval times. It is set there for various reasons such as because Tolkien wanted it set there. What I mean is, the third age is 3000 years, the second age is approximately that as well, and I cant recall...
  3. F

Gandalf V Witch King + WK Upgrade question

Why does Gandalf seemed concerned about fighting the WK? What reason does he have to believe that the WK is a challenge? I always interpreted Gandalf as having fought 4 nazgul on weathertop rather than the nine, partly because I don't like rendering the bad guys as too impotent, and partly...
  4. F

The Witch King! Who knew his identity?

I really dont mean to keep posting threads and promise this will be my last for a while. This is about the witch king, AGAIN. So how long did people know the connection between the Witch King and the nazgul? It seemed to me that the last king of Gondor, forget his name, seemed to think of the...
  5. F

Frodo Fadin, Fadin away

Hi, So I am up to episode 95, about halfway at the moment so I know some of this topic was covered but I don't know if this has been revisited and I want to post this idea before I forget it entirely. I also apologise for this being a long and tangential post. So I always interpreted Gandalf...
  6. F

Gandalf's Staff

I am still a bit behind and I dont know if Gandalfs encounter with Saruman has been covered yet. But surely Gandalf would have taken his staff with him when he visited Saruman. How does Gandalf have a staff later during his time with the fellowship? I find it hard to believe Saruman would just...
Back