Search results

1. Odola

Script Discussion - S07E01!

Well, was it not so as to make Brandir the Lame an "old leader" from his very own childhood on and not having him having been one only one for a mere one year before he meets Turin? Originally Handir died 495 and Brandir became his father's successor aged 30, Turin arriving in Brethil a year later.
  2. Odola

Script Discussion S07E03

I was completely delighted with seeing young women spinning - that is what they should be doing almost constantly given the "pseudo-historic" timeframe, and we see it so little depicted on screen.
  3. Odola

so this would correspond to 50 = "of marriageable age" in elves. So if they claim him to look about 50 he for sure would find this hilarious.
  4. Odola

I would assume so, but we agreed the young men should not look like teenagers. So I have my doubt here. Maybe 60 years would be better? As elves are fully grown with 100. So if 50 elf years = 18 human years, maybe 60-70 elf years would be = around 20 human years? man vs elf (rounded) {possible...
  5. Odola

Morwen

"haughty-looking" enough for me
  6. Odola

Morwen

imho she looks too friendly to act as haughty as Morwen is
  7. Odola

Session 7-12: Casting Criteria

@Nicholas Palazzo the question came up in the todays's/yesterday's stream's chat: the descendants of Sintashta people living nowadays are: Tajiks, particularly the various Pamir Tajiks and the Yaghnobi. Central Asians, probably (Kazakhs, Pamiri Tajiks, Yaghnobi Tajiks, then generally Central...
  8. Odola

Group Terms for Dragons

I do not believe the "summer" in the dragon context refers to a group noun but to a modified saying "one swallow does not a summer make" where the "swallow" is simply replaced by "dragon"...
  9. Odola

I think first records in Gondolin might actually be connected to young Earendil being taught his House's history. He was not there and he - being a half-elf - might experience trouble remembering everything told to him at once when heard for the first time and he might find taking notes and...
  10. Odola

1. No dust. A simple anti-dust spell would prevent it. Elves are about preservation. Things they do are naturally magical and made to endure. Those would not collect dust in an elvish setting akin to how an elvish sword would not collect rust. 2. I agree that Pengoloth is about books. But most...
  11. Odola

That is a problem, because, when Tuor comes in about a generation, Turgon has forgotten all about it and acts as if he assumed Gondolin not to be in any real danger for the time being - in spite of Ulmo's warning.
  12. Odola

He does, but he also experiences some temporal displacement - the seasons do pass but he is not included - he seems stationary while the time rushes by. This is one of the artefacts which Legolas describes: "Legolas stirred in his boat. 'Nay, time does not tarry ever,' he said; 'but change and...
  13. Odola

I do understand that, but that suggests a problem, this seems to imply that contrary to the original story neither Huor not Hurin would be discomforted on their own because and if they had been there alone they would have no issue - but this is not typical for how Tolkien depicts Faerie - being...
  14. Odola

the problem with this approach is that it making elves too similar and undistinguishably from humans in their outlook and motivation - and making characters acts out of character for plot reasons and for our convenience act is a dangerous thing to do - it can makes the audience loose trust in...
  15. Odola

Session 7-09: Season Outline

Well, It is well possible that it would be obvious to an elf that she is pregnant and elves might completely taken aback by the fact she herself has not noticed it yet. The mortals' alienation from their very own bodies - both it the comparable lack of control and even far more so in the lack of...
  16. Odola

It for sure should be at least hinted at.
  17. Odola

Even if he is "obliged" to it pro forma, this is not where his heart is. This is a burdersome, unelvish task, which grows the more and more tedious. More like - they are willing to suffer it as long as it does not inconvenience them too much. Well, some kingly stuff Turgon has burdened himself...
  18. Odola

Act 1: episode 2 B-Plot: Why do the Gondolinian elves have a purpose outside of Gondolin at all? Why can they just be, be happy, be creative and be safe? This is what elves normally do. Fight is an exception to their way of life, not a normal state and not something they strive for - except if...
  19. Odola

Session 7-07 and 7-08: Other Season 7 Stories

well, she was known to have been pregnant before Tuor left for his last campaign, so she had to have been pregnant before - a pregnancy last 9 month from which in older times 6-7 were conscious by the woman - it does take some time before a woman notices herself to be pregnant without a...
  20. Odola

Session 7-07 and 7-08: Other Season 7 Stories

no, the Plague is before
Back