Search results

1. Rhiannon

Script Discussion S06E05

Thanks for the suggestions! I’ll take a look at them this evening.
  2. Rhiannon

Script Discussion S06E05

I've got about a third of the episode written. I might be able to write a few more scenes before this episode gets discussed, but I wanted to go ahead an post what I have so people can start reviewing if they want to. Here's the link...
  3. Rhiannon

Script Discussion S06E05

I offered to write the script for this episode when I learned we didn’t have one in the last script discussion. I was also traveling for work all last week and didn’t have much time (or internet connection) to work on it. I’ll post what I have done of the script this Thursday or Friday. It...
  4. Rhiannon

Session 6-03: Sauron and Thuringwethil

Sorry, I wasn't able to attend this session live, but I did manage to watch the recording on Twitch. Here are my notes: Session 6-02: Sauron and Thuringwethil Finding out how to end Thuringwethil’s story means looking back at the whole thing. Primary theaters of action are Tol Sirion and...
  5. Rhiannon

Session 6-02: The Villain Storylines

This is the first session I've been able to listen to live in a while, so here are my notes: Session 6-02: Villain storylines Who should Silmfilm count as a villain in the context of this discussion? There will be various antagonists to Beren and Lúthien this season, but not all of them come...
  6. Rhiannon

Session 5-23: Casting Criteria - *special broadcast time*

5-23 Casting Criteria Casting rules: Actors must be alive, have an IMDb page, and not have been cast in SilmFilm previously (except voice roles) SilmFilm has an infinite budget, so the cost of getting an actor does not matter. Decisions are based on appearance, skills, and existing...
  7. Rhiannon

Script Discussion S05E07

One possible way to connect the Nan Elmoth subplot is to focus on the theme of settling on a identity and a name. The House of Hador, even though I've been calling it that for convenience, will only officially decide to become the House of Hador in this episode when they decide on their identity...
  8. Rhiannon

Script Discussion S05E07

In last episode, we began with Fingon offering to let Men of the House of Hador serve under him. What if we begin this episode with Maedhros making a similar offer and having Bereg and Amlach convince any Men who might be interested not to go? That would be a quick way to establish the opinions...
  9. Rhiannon

Season 5 Scriptwriting

Yes, you are right about the development of Sauron's views of himself and Morgoth over the course of the season. Next season will involve him setting himself up at Minas Tirith, somewhat apart from Morgoth. There was a lot of talk about Galadriel and Celeborn, but ultimately they ended up not...
  10. Rhiannon

Screenwriter’s Bible

Yes!! It would be great if you could share screenwriting tips!
  11. Rhiannon

Session 5-23: Casting Criteria - *special broadcast time*

One note: Adanel is not Beor's grandaughter. She should come from another family. I'd like for Adanel and her parents to look like they are from the House of Hador. It will allow her to still bring that different perspective to her discussions with Andreth as well as suggest that the Houses of...
  12. Rhiannon

The Light in the West (Demo Version)

Oh my gosh, this is amazing!!!!
  13. Rhiannon

Session 5-21: Creative Commissions!

Apologies, I've been in a situation without internet or phone service for the past several weeks, and I had to miss this session. As soon as I'm able, I'll watch the video on twitch and post my usual summary of the session.
  14. Rhiannon

Script Discussion S05E02

That scene is already in the script. I actually had something quite similar written before Thursday’s session and just tweaked it a little to make sure it accomplished what the hosts wanted. The Episode 2 script is coming very soon. I’m traveling these next few days, then I’ll post it.
  15. Rhiannon

Session 5-19: The Differing Perspectives of Men and Elves

Actually, I suspect that the Gondolin story will a plotline of Season 7, not Season 6. Turgon's shift in viewpoint will be due to a combination of factors, including his encounter with Hurin and Huor, news he receives via eagle of preparations for the Union of Maedhros, possibly encouragement...
  16. Rhiannon

Session 5-19: The Differing Perspectives of Men and Elves

Session 5-19: Differing Perspectives of Men and Elves Discussion of Episode 1 B-plot Before going to live in Gondolin, Aredhel went on a tour of Beleriand, which led her to doubt the feasibility of keeping Morgoth in leaguer. She saw Gondolin as a place where they could hide and build an army...
  17. Rhiannon

Notes for the Hosts of the Silmarillion Film Project Podcast

If we're going to be discussing names in the frame story, I'll also mention that I've been calling the town they're in the port of Ûrîsakal (sun-shore) in the scripts I'm working on.
  18. Rhiannon

Script Discussion S05E04

I think the assault is more of a siege. It should last much longer than one or two days.
  19. Rhiannon

Cast List for Season 5

I've been looking at the name list you posted a link to. I like Arnubên (King-servant, steward) for the younger son. What about Azrâindil (Sea-flower) for the queen and Abrazân (Steadfast) for the older son?
  20. Rhiannon

Script Discussion S05E04

I don't see any reason to physically relocate the stockade battle. The bad guys are trying a new tactical approach, going around the lines of the Noldor rather than through them, and sneaking back over Ered Luin to the south in order to strike at Men - the soft underbelly of the defenses in...
Back