Search results

1. Rhiannon

Season 5 Scriptwriting

Hey guys, we haven't had too much interest in scriptwriting, but I wanted to make clear that anyone who wants to get involved is welcome. If you're interested in helping out with the actual writing of the Season 5 scripts to any degree, from suggesting some dialogue for a specific scene to...
  2. Rhiannon

Final Season 4 Scripts

Here are the final(ish) scripts for Season 4. I am still happy to go back and make minor changes if anyone catches problems or typos that I've missed. Rather than posting new threads, I'll just change the files attached here. I want to thank everyone involved in SilmFilm for the wealth of...
  3. Rhiannon

Himring

"The chief citadel of Maedhros was upon the Hill of Himring, the Ever-cold; and that was wide-shouldered, bare of trees, and flat upon its summit, surrounded by many lesser hills." Himring should be pretty defensible since it will hold out when the other Feanorian fortresses fall in the Dagor...
  4. Rhiannon

Dor-lómin

Dor-lomin is the part of Hithlum ruled by Fingon. Not much happens there this season, but it will become a more prominent location in later seasons. The Silmarillion does not give it much description: "... to Fingon was assigned Dor-lómin, that lay to the west of the Mountains of Mithrim."...
  5. Rhiannon

Pass of Aglon (Celegorm and Curufin)

This location will be seen in most detail this season in Episode 12 when Aredhel visits Celegorm and Curufin on her farewell tour. The Silmarillion says, "Between Himring and Dorthonion there was a pass, exceeding steep upon the west, and that was the Pass of Aglon, and was a gate unto...
  6. Rhiannon

Maglor's Gap

"Between the arms of Gelion was the ward of Maglor, and here in one place the hills failed altogether; there it was that the Orcs came into east Beleriand before the Third Battle. Therefore the Noldor held strength of cavalry in the plains of that place ..." Since we changed the location of the...
  7. Rhiannon

Party Decorations

There are several celebrations in both the frame and main story this season. Feast for Galadriel's arrival in Menegroth (Episode 2) The Seven-Year Commemoration of the Battle of Five Armies in Dale (Episodes 4-10) Tournament at Himring (Episode 4) The Mereth Aderthad in Vinyamar (Episode 5)...
  8. Rhiannon

Dale

The city of Dale is the setting for a lot of this season's frame story, as it is the site of the Seven-Year Commemoration of the Battle of Five Armies. Since the frame is set seven years after the events of The Hobbit, a lot of the men from Lake-town have moved back there and begun to rebuild...
  9. Rhiannon

Amras's Realm

According to The Silmarillion, "Thus the sons of Feanor under Maedhros were the lords of East Beleriand, but their people were in that time mostly in the north of the land, and southward they rode only to hunt in the greenwoods. But there Amrod and Amras had their abode, and they came seldom...
  10. Rhiannon

Falls and Gates of Sirion

In this season, Finrod and Turgon visit the Falls and Gates of Sirion after they have their dreams sent by Ulmo. While there likely will not ever be much action here, the falls and gates will be beautiful and impressive locations and, in my opinion, important to include in our "Of Beleriand and...
  11. Rhiannon

Keep Helevorn (Caranthir's Fortress)

A few scenes this season happen at Caranthir's fortress, which the script team decided to call Keep Helevorn. According to The Silmarillion, "... the people of Caranthir fortified the mountains to the east of Maglor's Gap. There Mount Rerir, and about it many lesser heights, stood out from the...
  12. Rhiannon

Dragonguard of Erebor

In the Season 4 frame story, King Dain Ironfoot is fairly paranoid about Dragons. He is, of course, right that there is an impending Dragon attack; it just happens in the main story rather than the frame. One of the precautions Dain takes is forming the Dragonguard, an elite group of Dwarven...
  13. Rhiannon

Dorthonion

According to The Silmarillion, "South of Ard-galen the great highland named Dorthonion stretched for sixty leagues from west to east; great pine forests it bore, especially on its northern and western sides . By gentle slopes from the plain it rose to a bleak and lofty land, where lay many tarns...
  14. Rhiannon

Jewelry

Here is a place to discuss jewelry design for this season. The most important piece is probably the Nauglamir, which is given to Finrod in Episode 12, but that is by no means the only piece of jewelry that features in the story. In the scripts, I've introduced some other jewelry, such as the...
  15. Rhiannon

Character Introductions

This is a thread to keep track of when minor characters are introduced and what roles they play.
  16. Rhiannon

Narsil

Narsil is forged in Episode 10, and, to tie it into the frame story, it will have an inscription in Quenya on the blade. Does anyone have any suggestions for what this inscription should say? Suggestions do not have to be in Quenya. Some other elements of Narsil's design are a secret Khuzdul...
Back