Search results

1. R

The snow on Caradras

I have so far listened up to session 260, and trough much of the time we have spent in the the snow, I have had this nagging question. Why is it presumed that the newfallen snow is powder snow? Now part of this might be down to translation. I am Norwegian, and when we talk of "puddersnø" (the...
  2. R

Rope- why is only Sam thinking of it?

I just heard the episode with the discussion of Sam's musings, and I don't recall anyone commenting on this, but if rope is such an important thing to bring, why didn't Aragorn make sure they brought some? Or Gandalf for that. They must be the most experienced travelers in the company and would...
  3. R

The seasons in The Lord of the Rings

I was just listening to the latest session (212) , and the discussion about the seasons both in Bilbo's poem and the Ent-song made me wonder if the seasons play a role in the story as a whole. I have not had time to go through this carefully, and since the main action takes place during a little...
  4. R

Stick-at-naught

I just listen to session 196 (I think the latest - I´m not able to attend live since that is in the middle of the night for me- so the latest published as a podcast), and during the discussion of Aragorn's scornfull nickname(s) in Bree it seemed that the meaning of "stick-at-naught" was taken to...
  5. R

Horse colours

I just caught up with the last episode (175) after falling behind a bit, and this might be more a comment than a question, and perhaps not too important, but, being a horse nerd, it was important to me. On the question of Shadowfax's name, Cory Olsen commented that Shadowfax is grey, not white...
  6. R

Following asyncronally

I was not sure where to find the information, (I've looked at the "Exploring the Lord of the Rings" site for Mythgrad Institute), so I thought I should ask here. I have caught up with the episodes that are now posted - the last I had to see on YouTube because it has not been posted as a...
  7. R

Smiling Characters

Hi, I am new here, and working my way through the episodes. And I just want to say that I love following the close reading you are doing! While there have been instances along the way where I thouhgt I wanted to comment, I have also wanted to wait until I am caught up, but I am not really sure...
Back