Search results

1. K

Bilbo and his poem

Talking about Bilbo and his role in Rivendell, I'm taking this opportunity to go back a couple of chapters (or a couple of years). A while back I was looking for something. I was interested in whether I could find an acrostic in the Eärendil poem - specifically I wanted to find Bilbo's name...
  2. K

Elrond: More sentimental than Machiavellian?

I was going to write my own post on the Elrond and his squirrels question, but as you touch upon my answer I'll just put my thoughts here. We see different "mooting" styles amongst the Free Peoples. The most extreme example is clearly the Ents. Can you imagine if Treebeard was chairing this...
  3. K

Gandalf's Blessing - ep.171

Sorry, but I'm about to get biblical. Maybe it was your reference to Pharoah's dream (from Genesis by the way, not Exedus), but I was thinking about blessings and curses from a religious point of view. The Talmud notes how from Balaam's blessings to the Israelites you can infer what he meant to...
  4. K

Feed borked again?

Can I suggest doing my workaround and simply converting the youtube video to a straight mp3. I don't know if this works for you but I use a stupid old mp3 player so I don't care how I get the audio.
Back