Search results

1. Ilana Mushin

Húrin

He's 6'1" so maybe a bit too tall for Húrin, but I reckon he could carry off acting shorter. He has the physicality and he did play Superman and the eponymous Witcher with great aplomb, and range. I reckon he would do post-Angband Húrin well. https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0147147/
  2. Ilana Mushin

Huor

Nicholas Hoult has been waiting in the wings I reckon for a SilmFilm role. I had thought for Húrin initially but perhaps he is not quite imposing enough physically (he's 6'2" and not scrawny though). Can certainly play the dreamer. He may be a bit old for Huor. Possible Ëarendil down the...
  3. Ilana Mushin

(Not for Season 7 but) Túrin

I think that Jacob Elordi would be a good ´Túrin. He's VERY pretty. Also good range, I think. He played the spoilt rich kid Felix in Saltburn and Elvis in Pricilla. He has an elvish air about him which I think Túrin will need. https://www.imdb.com/name/nm8624059/
  4. Ilana Mushin

SilmFilm at Ozmoot

Ozmoot begins here in Sydney in about 4 hours. We have a few SilmFilm related sessions, including a panel on the adaptation of Evil in SilmFilm (today) and a world premiere of the Finrod/Sauron song battle from Season 6 (composed by Phil Menzies). My paper (Sunday) is highly relevant for the...
  5. Ilana Mushin

Middle-Earth Geography

I wasn’t sure where to put this question. My husband often makes the comment looking at the Lord of the Rings map (and no doubt he would have the Beleriand map), that the geography is not realistic in terms of the primary world (E.g. that the U-shaped mountain ranges surrounding Mordor would be...
  6. Ilana Mushin

Rings of Power Reception Survey

Some of you will have seen this already. The survey is still open so please do contribute. I've been developing a curiosity about the overall fan reception of ROP and whether there is a relationship with the ways that different fans have come to Tolkien, and when and how they first...
  7. Ilana Mushin

Fan Survey

I've been developing a curiosity about the overall fan reception of ROP and whether there is a relationship with the ways that different fans have come to Tolkien, and when and how they first 'discovered' Tolkien's works. I've put together a short (10 question) survey that I hope lots of people...
  8. Ilana Mushin

"Don't let me forget this idea..."

I know this is way ahead of where we are with the script but I have an image in mind that I’d love to be incorporated if possible. When the Eagles rescue B&L, they fly over Gondolin but Luthien is too busy crying and Beren is unconscious so neither of them see it. I’d love the POV to switch at...
  9. Ilana Mushin

Radio adaptation

Could there be some discussion about the radio adaptations of Tolkien sometime? My go-to adaptation is still the 1981 BBC LoTR, which at the time I loved because I thought this was a brilliant way to dramatise Tolkien and leave scope for my own visual imagination. Different choices are needed...
  10. Ilana Mushin

Pronouncing ‘NGoldor

Having just received NoME as a Xmas present my Christmas holiday goal is to catch up with the Mythgard class in time for the next class, reading the book along with the class. In class 2 or 3, the issue of how to pronounce Noldor with the late spelling (tilda above the N) came up. Tolkien does...
  11. Ilana Mushin

Finally caught up!

Hi all. It's taken me most of the past year, many walks and drives and cleaning the house, but I've finally caught up to the real time SilmFilm developments. I've been a lover of Tolkien for more than 40 years and have read pretty much everything by now. So it has been wonderful to be able to...
Back