Search results

1. D

Does Sauron Reembody the Nazgûl like the Valar reincarnate the Elves?

From session 201 we covered the text in reference to the Ringwraiths, “…return as best they could to their master in Mordor empty and shapeless. If that is so, it will be some time before they can begin the hunt again.” From this Corey commented how Sauron would give them an extra whoop of...
  2. D

Does Sauron Reembody the Nazgûl like the Valar reincarnate the Elves?

From session 201 we covered the text in reference to the Ringwraiths, “…return as best they could to their master in Mordor empty and shapeless. If that is so, it will be some time before they can begin the hunt again.” From this Corey commented how Sauron would give them an extra whoop of...
  3. D

Timelines of Arda

With the upcoming The Nature of Middle Earth class I was eager to dive into the text, and subsequently drowned in an overwhelming sea of numbers and calculations. I have so far made no attempt to wade through the plethora of options for aging of the Elves or Elvish maturity rates, but have...
  4. D

Can Things in a System Push Back on Other Things in a System?

In session 176 it is mentioned that there is not power in the earth to resist Sauron and that Sauron will not be prevented from destroying the hills by the system, but it is also mentioned that they [the Ainur] are all part of the system and things within a system can operate on each other...
  5. D

Was the Ring Afraid in Tom Bombadil’s House?

Professor Olsen, In Session 175 Tom Bombadil and Frodo’s interaction regarding the One Ring was given some discussion, and it appears this topic may provide some insight into the nature of the Ring itself. I have a potential answer to the below question but I would be very interested in your...
Back