Search results

1. Smaug_the_Mighty

Jan 2023 - Team Structure

Thanks for your patience folks! I have been doing lots of thinking and planning behind the scenes to get my head around this project, how to get it running again, and how to keep it going through 2023 and beyond. My main thought is to bring some more structure to the team of volunteers. My...
  2. Smaug_the_Mighty

Update - September 2022

Greetings, free folk of Middle-earth! Apologies for disappearing for months. I caught COVID just after Mythmoot in June, lost all my energy and stamina, and have been very slowly recovering ever since. I’m still not back to full health but I am keen to get back to this project! For those of...
  3. Smaug_the_Mighty

Next steps - April 2022

Hi folks! I would love to start setting some goals for content creation, editing, and collecting. There are several tasks that we can make good progress on before the website has been designed and is fully functional. 1. Transcripts Let’s set up a structured team to start writing/editing...
  4. Smaug_the_Mighty

Update - April 2022

Hello everyone! I’ve had a crazy busy time at work recently, hence my absence from the forums, but I am back now and happy to see you all! I will be posting a list of tasks on the Content forum which I have been thinking about recently, so please go and have a look and see if any of those are...
  5. Smaug_the_Mighty

A Project Dropbox/Google Drive/OneDrive?

Hi all, This project is really starting to take off, and I love it! Thank you all so much for jumping in along with me to get this thing happening! We're pretty much at the point where content is starting to be created, so I'd like to set up a structure for storing that content in a way that...
  6. Smaug_the_Mighty

A name!

A few of you have mentioned, I think in emails rather than on the forum itself, that this project needs a name. I've been calling it the Exploring the Lord of the Rings Legacy Project, but that's a bit unwieldy for a website name, so I'd love your help to brainstorm a better name for the project...
  7. Smaug_the_Mighty

Call for Tech Team Leader and/or Advisor

Hi all, The initial response to these forums has been fantastic, thank you so much to everyone who is contributing! Now that we are building our community of volunteers, I'd like to ask someone to step in to be the leader of our Implementation team, our technologically-savvy Dwarves who will be...
  8. Smaug_the_Mighty

Brainstorming Themes and Categories

It seems that many of us agree that the website should have pages on individual long-running themes/discussion points, and it should also be possible to organise the pages by category. Let's start brainstorming some of those themes and the categories they belong to. For example: the "try and"...
  9. Smaug_the_Mighty

On the Skipping of Text in Earlier Chapters

I'm just catching up on this week's session (214) after being at work during the recording (as usual unfortunately). About 20 mins in, Corey wonders which paragraph of text was the last one we skipped. I actually have quite a thorough answer to this! A while ago I was inspired by...
  10. Smaug_the_Mighty

Welcome, Dwarven Smiths!

Hail, my friends, and at your service! In this sub-forum, we will plan a website to host the ExLOTR Legacy Project. Firstly, a disclaimer: I have pretty much no knowledge of web development, programming, or anything else that would be required to create a website. I’m here to gather a team of...
  11. Smaug_the_Mighty

Welcome, Elven Lore-masters!

Mae govannen! In this sub-forum, we are all about the content that will be uploaded to the ExLOTR Legacy Project website. Firstly, Tony Meade’s episode summaries will form a large basis for our content work, so if you are unfamiliar with his excellent work, please head back to the main ExLOTR...
  12. Smaug_the_Mighty

The Plan So Far

As of January 2022, we are just starting to get this project off the ground. As I see it, we need contributions in two different areas: Content: We have some 200 episodes of audio/video content, growing every week, which we need to develop into web-ready content. Tony Meade has done, and is...
  13. Smaug_the_Mighty

Project Goals

We have a few goals in mind for this project: The first thing is to preserve all of the wonderful questions, answers, ideas, and discussion points we as a community have raised during Corey’s Exploring the Lord of the Rings sessions, and on the discussion boards after the broadcasts. As Corey...
  14. Smaug_the_Mighty

Call for Volunteers!

This project is a communal project, and it will take many small hands doing what they must to get it all up and running. As one of those pairs of small hands, I’d like to ask for your help, if you are willing to give it, in developing this project. In this thread, please introduce yourself! I’d...
  15. Smaug_the_Mighty

The House that Tom Bombadil Built

Hello Professor! Over the past year or so I have been catching up on Exploring the Lord of the Rings, and I caught up a few weeks ago but unfortunately can’t often attend live as the recording is at about noon on a Wednesday here in Australia, and my work day tends to get in the way. So I’d...
Back