Search results

1. Fell Critter

Sauron's Morgoth Moment

could it be a form of gloating and mockery that under Melkor's shadow might have been a little too on the nose?
  2. Fell Critter

Balrogs

I really feel like we should be looking at these more as princes of demons than fiery trolls... were they not Ainur, after all?
  3. Fell Critter

Balrogs

in the sense that these spells might be considered works of art, I mean. to be forced to use them in combat would be painful for anyone who didn't delight in combat but I am a fan of noticing that enchantment can be accomplished through telepathy - even reality itself is potentially an...
  4. Fell Critter

Balrogs

I do agree with this, although I may be imagining the Silmarils as being almost too bright to look at... as for the valor of heroes, consistent with my last comment, I see their magic as an expression of that - the sheer strength of their spirit, when all else fails not like Harry Potter, who...
  5. Fell Critter

Balrogs

when our own world is so full of artificial complications and distractions, it can be hard to imagine having the freedom and the means to pursue anything you want, with unlimited time to devote to it. but this is what the Elves possess. consider also that those who went to Valinor had the...
  6. Fell Critter

Balrogs

the telekinesis in PJ's showdown between Gandalf and Saruman, for instance: knocking each other down was one thing, but spinning Gandalf around and slinging him up toward the roof - it looked tacky, and I wish they hadn't done it. I'd have forgiven them going more Dumbledore vs Voldemort there...
  7. Fell Critter

Balrogs

on the other hand, I could easily imagine some Elves displaying strong elemental affinities (visibly - in their clothing, their aura, their creativity, or their attacks), although I don't currently have anyone in particular in mind for that... but after enduring the ice of the north, I have to...
  8. Fell Critter

Balrogs

this is pretty much what I meant - I throw the word telekinesis around, but I'm not at all referring to Jedi object-levitating abilities... more like very strong animal magnetism. like limited force projection, which could go hand-in-hand with elemental conjuring (a gust of wind, or a flurry of...
  9. Fell Critter

Balrogs

this is not to say the average Elf would be prepared to face a Balrog, however
  10. Fell Critter

Balrogs

and yet I still think it would be spectacular to see the sheer effect of Elven charisma, in the form of elemental conjuration, telekinesis, words of power, etc
  11. Fell Critter

Balrogs

if Maeglin is the source of the set of weapons recovered in the Hobbit, Glamdring being Turgon's own sword and all, it could very well have been effective against Durin's Bane, and might explain the white glow... this enchantment in itself is a kind of ward, and would be very useful for...
  12. Fell Critter

Balrogs

it would be fascinating to see the kind of magical defenses the Noldor could come up with, to combat this... when thinking about the Elves, I recall every crazy thing I've ever heard said about faeries, which sometimes bleeds far into the kind of spatio-temporal manipulation that might also be...
  13. Fell Critter

Balrogs

maybe one of the things that makes Balrogs so dangerous could be the extent that they surround themselves with fire and shadow, similar to the way that the white walkers in GoT are sometimes accompanied and concealed by blinding snowstorms - like walking infernos, or clouds of black fog, but...
  14. Fell Critter

Balrogs

would it not be that their fire makes them immortal? put out the fire, they become mortal... or alternatively, their "wings" are just for looks - but this wouldn't be much of a secret, I'd think
  15. Fell Critter

Balrogs

right - they weren't killed by the waters, but was it necessary to extinguish them before they could be killed, is the question. long falls excepted maybe. it seems like a little-known secret, if so... like every Balrog death has either been due to sheer luck, or a brilliant guess I mean, a...
  16. Fell Critter

Balrogs

I only knew of Gothmog and Durin's Bane - both of them had been extinguished, even if they were killed by something else... I'm definitely getting the impression that their fire keeps them alive but a long fall could also achieve this, maybe
  17. Fell Critter

Balrogs

is there a case of a Balrog's death mentioned where their fire was not extinguished in water?
  18. Fell Critter

Balrogs

I've been thinking that fiery bows and axes would be really freakin cool. definitely curious about these quotes
  19. Fell Critter

Sauron's Morgoth Moment

I feel like I may have seemed to push the ogress harder than I actually intended there. Melkor as Gothmog's father was only something that seemed like it could add depth to a rivalry with Sauron, but in Melkor's ranks, I'm sure that simple competitiveness would suffice. rather, I meant to...
  20. Fell Critter

Theme Music

Back