Search results

1. X

Balrogs

Gothmog in Lost Tales fell in a fountain with Ecthelion's helmet spike stuck in him, if that counts.
  2. X

Balrogs

Ah yeah, I barely pay those much attention to be honest. But then are we not going with
  3. X

Balrogs

That's what I'm saying. I'm generally going to be in the camp of "if it ain't broke," and there was nothing broke about Durin's Bane. Just looking at that fanart I shared, I love the whole demonic jack-o-lantern thing they've got going on. I would never object to shape shifting, since PJ's...
  4. X

Balrogs

I haven't quite read through all the pages here, but regarding what we're going to do with the balrogs visually, I was wondering if you guys had seen this fanart. In my opinion, PJ's version of a balrog was sheer perfection. Something that just can't be topped when it comes to giant fire...
  5. X

House of Finarfin

I definitely like casting unknowns. Don't have any particular ideas myself, as even Ms. Balfe would be a bit of stretch. Like you said, teenager probably. Young adult at most, for her time in Valinor.
  6. X

House of Finarfin

Yeah, I'm just late to everything here haha. I actually try to avoid fan casting in general, because I know I'll get attached to my pick and will be disappointed, if it ever becomes a real project, in the different casting. But every so often ideas like this just come to me.
  7. X

House of Finarfin

So where do these votes occur? I see the nomination thread for Galadriel but no one voted there that I can tell. Yeah when I first saw Balfe, I thought she'd be perfect for a Silmarillion adaptation, but then I saw she was nearing 40 herself, and considering Galadriel starts off at most as a...
  8. X

House of Finarfin

Huh. Really? You guys know she's in her 40's as well, right? I mean, yeah she looks amazing, but having her play the elven equivalent of a teenager or twenty-something is stretching it kind of far, don't you think?
  9. X

House of Finarfin

I know I'm late on this, but if there's gonna be an older Galadriel, how about Caitriona Balfe? Honestly, from the second I first saw her in Outlander, I thought, wow, she 's got a real resemblance to Cate Blanchett, and she's actually just as tall. She's also got significant acting chops. If...
  10. X

Casting Draft for The Fall of Gondolin

After watching the live action Cinderella movie, I'm also sold on Lily James being an elf. Whether it''s Idril, or even Elwing. She has a real light, airy quality that would work well, at least from what I saw in the movie.
  11. X

Well, that's my argument at any rate. Unfortunately for Haleth, she only has the one brief mention in the story, and not during one of the major tales either. Anything we come up with beyond that would be purely original. Also I think Legolas wasn't born until the 2nd or even 3rd age, no?
  12. X

Outside of Haleth though, as far as existing female characters, we don't have much to go by for real battle sequences. Even Luthien, who has more agency than most of the others, doesn't exactly get to partake in action scenes. (And for better or worse, battles are an important part of these...
  13. X

Ok, I might get roasted here, but I've been mulling an idea regarding this for a while. At first it started off as kind of a joke, but now I actually feel more strongly about it. Don't know if this is the right thread for it, I think we should consider genderbending Glorfindel. I noticed a...
  14. X

Session 3.01 and 3.07 - Season Overview

Ooh, that's good. Even though he survives in the book, I always thought an adaptation would do well to kill him off for dramatic purpose and give Thingol's grudge some extra heat. Especially given his total absence going forward.
  15. X

My only thing with this is, we're in a post-GoT world now. I know you said you don't watch it, so I don't know what spoilers you've seen over the show's run. But considering
  16. X

I have to admit to some reservations about this. Though they make the trek back to Mithrim, in the book the whole chain of events only take up a few lines. The emotional impact there is really confined to that small space, quick and concise. If we start stretching it out or dividing it up over...
  17. X

The way I see it, it depends on how many plots you're juggling in the season. For example, GoT has had dozens of characters and just as many storylines for practically its whole run, so blending them all together in every episode works for it. With the Silmarillion, at least in these early...
  18. X

Just my two cents here, but I was looking at the frame, and there's one item that stands out to me. We're putting Denethor's death after Feanor's, but Denethor dies during the first battle of Beleriand, and Feanor the second. I'm a tad confused about that. Also, well, I don't know much focus...
  19. X

Catching up

Sorry for the double post, didn't know whether an edit would show notification. I also wanted to ask if this is the right subforum for discussing these kinds of questions. I see one for costume, script, music, etc, but not clear which is for general outlines or story mapping. So I was wondering...
  20. X

Catching up

I was just talking about the idea, and then someone else interjected about you guys doing this, so here I am.
Back