Search results

1. Vibes

Tengwar mode for Devnagri

I hadded the Halla to the first 4 of the tincotema to make the retroflex sounds. So it's that. The line in the top is to ad a nazalization. The equivalent of a dot on top of the line in the Marathi writing. Also, I'm glad it's legible!
  2. Vibes

Managed to do some transcriptions today: Ofcc the sentences are practically unrelated but all make complete sense. Next time I can try to transcribe a whole paragraph from a book maybe. Also, how's the Tengwar? I had never done them in fountain pens before, so all feedback is welcome.
  3. Vibes

I have finished my work, but i really needed this either way! Thank you so much!
  4. Vibes

Finished working the Tengwar mode that can be used for Marathi and maybe also Hindi, if I am not missing any details. Might try to copy a small bit of text next. Also need to make this fair. p.s. I still need to figure out a pronounciation guide for this TT
  5. Vibes

I'm sorry I do not understand what was happening in there! Could you please explain?
  6. Vibes

Script Discussion: S06E01 WE'RE BACK!!!!

If Ye is used by one of the Valar, it is alright especially since they are meant to sound archaic. But then you have to make sure the grammer around it is similar and not to modern, ig.
  7. Vibes

This is the amount of work I have done till now. I got some input from someone on reddit but i need to decipher it yet, so I'll try to make that one too, but i need this to be completed as well! If anyone has any ideas please go on. Also, for people who are not familiar with devnagri...
  8. Vibes

Script Discussion S06E06

You know Finrod could declare when his cast down crown is picked up, that the people who follow him were the ones loyal to him- the people of his house. And when Sauron is killing them one by one, he can grieve the death of the members of his house and how being of his house only got them...
  9. Vibes

Ohhh. Thank you. I will try to post my half done work in a while. If there is anyone who is able to help, please do!! There are parts I am confused by, so I'll need all the help that there is, as alas, I am no Linguist.
  10. Vibes

Hey, I am attempting to create a tengwar mode for Devnagri scrips (script used for languages like Hindi and Marathi. Or even Sanskrit) If anyone is interested or even has a pre-existing source, do tell me. I'll put my attemp up here once it's done. Hope someone finds this interesting!
  11. Vibes

Script Discussion: S06E01 WE'RE BACK!!!!

I had an idea about the Necromancy thing. We have said that Thuringwethil is a Namo Maia right? So to her, fea of dead elves are sorts tangible. And her mechanism for Necromancy could borrow ideas from like using talismans in East Asian myth, or something like branding their fea(?) . I do feel...
  12. Vibes

Script Discussion S06E06

Just asking, but when people talk of the house of X, that doesnot necessarily mean that they are the sons or daughters of that person, right?
  13. Vibes

Session 6-12: The Frame Story

I have a very silly thing to insist on but in the end of the frame story I really want Aragorn to be addressed as "my Estel" by Arwen. Though not said in a romantic connotation but just as a statement of him being the reason she regained hope, but it sets up the future really well, especially...
  14. Vibes

"Elven Chess"

I still like the idea of a Senet like game. Like it involves knowledge and still a fair bit of luck. Also, it has a sort of goal and story if one could call it.
  15. Vibes

"Elven Chess"

So, they could play luck based games., not necessarily strategic or war game. But there must be some story element. I don't think that elves with their penchant for tales would skip on that. Something like senet maybe. On a completely non serious take, they might have something like the game...
  16. Vibes

"Elven Chess"

There is a game i wanted to suggest, which has a strategy element of sorts but also reliant on luck. It's called Chaupar or Pachisi. It is a historical game but very similar to Ludo of sorts. It's not chess, that's for certain, but it was a game played mostly by kings. You can check that one...
  17. Vibes

Script Discussion S06E04

Guys, I'm just coming from catching up with the script discussion from yesterday and the part in Act 1 where the "music of the pipe unseen" came up, what if- Beren basically comes stumbling as he listens to the music like it is heard from a distance, so it keeps growing slightly louder and...
  18. Vibes

Script Discussion S06E04

I would like to join via zoom if possible
  19. Vibes

Script Discussion S06E03

Ooh. I see. I wanted to know if there is any way i can help, because I don't really have much scriptwriting experience (borderline none), so..
  20. Vibes

Script Discussion S06E03

How do we go about helping with the scriptwriting process?
Back