Search results

1. Eryn Lasgalen

Amazon series:reactions and thoughts (Spoiler alert!)

Not senseless at all. It was a man, Isildur, who cut off Sauron's hand. And Galadriel is the most powerful elf in ME, so she does indeed have the wherewithal to face Sauron. Don't forget that another elf, Fëanor, slammed the doors on the face of Morgoth himself! It's true that he wouldn't have...
  2. Eryn Lasgalen

To second Rob Harding's note above, if Galadriel was all knowing from the start, there would be no story to tell here (and no tv show to make).
  3. Eryn Lasgalen

I respectfully disagree re Galadriel. Viewers need more patience & wait for her character arc to develop. She cannot begin her journey by being ultra-serene and über-calm, as in TA 3019. For me, that would be very boring. tROP Galadriel & her portrayal by Morphydd Clark is spot on. I can't wait...
  4. Eryn Lasgalen

Great observation on the eyes, Iliana. Beauty affects us, no doubt about it.
  5. Eryn Lasgalen

Goodness, gracious me, Odola! Those are strong sentiments. Now this is a very strange thing - because I just rewatched the third episode, this time *not* in a state of sleep deprivation - and things made so much more sense than when I made my post a few hours ago based on initial viewing. There...
  6. Eryn Lasgalen

Agreed. It seems far fetched to imagine Míriel unaware of Elendil. But there could be a few explanations - - Míriel and Elendil are play-acting to keep Pharazon from suspecting foul play (best scenario), - Elendil purposefully keeping a low profile to protect himself and the other Faithful from...
  7. Eryn Lasgalen

I agree with you, Dillon. There was something slightly 'off' about the depiction of Númenor. I can't quite put my finger on it but it disturbed me. Visually stunning, I wanted to see more of the city (which I'm guessing is a combined Armenelos/Rómenna). The city is almost like a character itself...
  8. Eryn Lasgalen

Amazon series: reactions to news and rumours. (Spoiler alert!)

Nice shot, Haerangil! Still, the clip was so brief I can’t help but think there’s more to come.
  9. Eryn Lasgalen

Racist Harfoots?

Ireland itself has many, many different accents. At least 10 by some counts - many more if you include the gradations of one accent into another as you travel from region to region. The accent of the Harfoots is, indeed, a means of distinguishing them and their culture from the other races. It’s...
  10. Eryn Lasgalen

I have a feeling we’ll see that depiction later in the season during a recounting/flashback. Would seem unlikely they would create an impressive scene like that but not show it.
  11. Eryn Lasgalen

Hi kanji_d, I haven’t seen the video you refer to so I could be wrong, but my understanding is that at the beginning of this season, Míriel is Queen Regent because her father Tar Palantir is elderly & has stepped aside from the rule. She is one of the Faithful while her cousin sees himself as...
  12. Eryn Lasgalen

You’re absolutely right, MithLuin. & no - I never respond to nonsensical comments. It just adds fuel to the fire.
  13. Eryn Lasgalen

This is very promising. I’ll have to gather my boxes of tissue paper handy; I cry very easily! Unfortunately I won’t be able to watch it till Friday night or Saturday morning owing to my work schedule. Disturbing, however, are the vast majority of the comments. I wonder how so many have the...
  14. Eryn Lasgalen

That’s really interesting, Odola. Do you have a recommendation as to which of Tolkien’s texts I should read to learn more about his thoughts on this? I have a lot of my own thoughts & questions I’d love to compare to yours & others, although there may have been a thread already on another forum...
  15. Eryn Lasgalen

That is very true, Haerangil. I’m looking forward to the show but anxiously keeping my fingers crossed at the same time.
  16. Eryn Lasgalen

I love it too but I confess the music took me by surprise. Maybe it’ll grow on me but I’m hoping it’s just a trailer thing (perhaps intended for the wider audience). It didn’t feel very middle earthy. I’m also hoping they’re not sugar coating the harfoots too much. The images remain spectacular...
  17. Eryn Lasgalen

Odola - you know your material much better than I do, but it seems to me the elves very much had free will & chose to fight Morgoth & Sauron during their tenure in middle earth. If one make such a choice, one must surely be striving toward a better future. So I don’t really see anything overtly...
  18. Eryn Lasgalen

I don’t know what to say ….. what do you think?
Back