Search results

1. F

Session 4-21: Episodes 10 (& 11)

Well, to make Morgoth not look stupid, he should be depicted as having a long-term strategy, not as somone who mindlessly thrashes around without making plans. He should be a strategist with intelligence, not a chicken with its head cut off. And we can prevent him from looking stupid by showing...
  2. F

Furthermore, we have already clearly established that Morgoth considers a possible return of the Valar (who just created the Sun and Moon a few decades ago) to be a far bigger concern than the measely Elves and Dwarves, and that he has commanded his very finite number of Balrogs to be on watch...
  3. F

Morgoth does not intend to crush the Elves this season. The book says right there in plain English that Morgoth was testing his enemies, not trying to eliminate them yet. It is also plainly stated that at this time Morgoth perceived that "Orcs unaided" could not defeat the Elves. "Orcs...
  4. F

So killing Edhellos and capturing Rog in the Dagor Aglareb was vetoed? Why? Were those two characters cut out of the story? Morgoth was only testing the Elves at Dagor Aglareb, that's the only reason they could win. He has no reason to bring out Balrogs while testing his Orcs. Is Morgoth's...
  5. F

And whatever happened to Tolkien's intent that Dagor Aglareb would be a crushing defeat of Morgoth, with no significant losses for the Elves? Why is that idea so awful and unuseable? Is Dagor Aglareb being rewritten into a crushing defeat of the Noldor? How could they set up the Siege of Angband...
  6. F

I've always thought of magic as being imbued into items by the will and thoughts of the maker. I think of the description of the "magic" cloaks of Lorien - the Elves put thoughts of all the things and places they love into it while making it. Exactly. Glaurung can't rampage in East Beleriand and...
  7. F

First of all, please do not kill off Angrod in the Dagor Aglareb! He should stay alive until the Dagor Bragollach. I can't understand where this proposal came from, it doesn't make any sense to me. I don't know what -- it would not be in character for Finrod to pull it out of a drawer to fondle...
  8. F

Right, this project can't do the Wanderings of Hurin justice by just cramming them into the last episode of the Turin season. They would have to be part of the next season. (For anyone who hasn't read the Wanderings of Hurin, I encourage you to. It's far, for more interesting, and much longer...
  9. F

Well, I have to go, but just in case it is, I think the Nauglamir should be made later, not now. JRR Tolkien always intended the Necklace to be made for Thingol alone, and not Finrod, and that's how he always wrote the story of the Nauglamir. In the War of the Jewels there's a great story...
  10. F

I agree with most of what's been said on this thread. I'm nowhere close to caught up on the podcasts or forum. I'm not expecting I'll have time to get totally caught up before the break between seasons, so I beg some patience for my undoubted ignorance of things decided and discussed. (I'm glad...
  11. F

NEW Schedule for Silm Film!

What if somebody simply cannot find the time to catch up on missed podcasts at all? It doesn't seem like it's possible to continue in the project at any level, without being able to watch asynchronously. I have never quite understood how this works. If what the Hosts say in the podcasts are or...
  12. F

I do appreciate your efforts to find a way to make this less awful. But what about folks like NotACat and I who simply do not have the time to watch the podcasts we missed? I just barely had 2.5 hours before work, but even though I changed my work schedule in part to accomodate the podcasts, I...
  13. F

So for those who can't participate at all anymore, what are we supposed to do? At least two of us (NotACat and I) also can't even watch the recordings afterwards.
  14. F

Instead of editing it into my posts I should ask this question separately Why is he asking, if the decision is already made and we have no say in it?
  15. F

I am not able to watch Twitch. It does not work on my computer. It has never worked right. Usually I can't find the url and they take down the video after just a week, then wait a month before putting it on YouTube. Furthermore, there are VAST swaths of the United States with only very...
  16. F

For me this is almost certainly the only way I could continue to participate in SilmFilm at all. I don't say that to put pressure on anyone but this podcast has never been very accessible to people with jobs who can't listen at work, and it is simply not possible for me to catch up on podcasts I...
  17. F

I never received an email and am now blocked from attending. PLEASE HELP

I never received an email and am now blocked from attending. PLEASE HELP
  18. F

Thursday evenings are 100% impossible for me to attend. Nights are even worse. I absolutely cannot stay up that late for medical reasons. Considering the extreme amount of time it takes to re-watch a session (up to 5 hours continuously without pause due to the video constantly failing and...
  19. F

It makes it harder to find things, especially watched threads that have unread pages. This is...

It makes it harder to find things, especially watched threads that have unread pages. This is going to turn catching up on over a month of threads from an overwhelming Herculean task to something really painful. :(
  20. F

Session 4.14 - Episodes 3 & 4

Right... actually I wasn't asking that. I meant to ask, will we be allowed to show a community of Sindar (including Annael) immigrating into Mithrim and settling there, before Annael is captured? Will we be allowed to have that community... exist?
Back