Search results

1. Katriana

The Fingering of the Horn

Can't imagine Pippin having a very good poker face though, even if he is probably clever enough to pick up on the others' tells.
  2. Katriana

Data Update

Chapters on the X and Number of Sessions on the Y is what it looks like to me.
  3. Katriana

Slow down, you're going too fast?

Yes, that's the one.
  4. Katriana

Slow down, you're going too fast?

I listened to a recording of Tolkien reading the Ents' Marching Song poem the other day. He read it rather quickly, more quickly than most others I've heard do. The nature of the Ents and the rhythm of the poem itself would seem to suit a slower, more plodding sort of recitation, but he was...
  5. Katriana

Tra-la-la-Glorfindel?

I will admit that I rather regret inadvertently raising this topic in the last class with my somewhat flippant comment about Glorfindel not being one of the tra-la-la-lally elves. Not because I haven't found the ensuing conversation illuminating, because I have, and upon considering the...
  6. Katriana

On Tom Bombadil's brief history of time

It strikes me that another possibility is that he reached the point in his story that coincided with his own "birth" or "awakening" and thus he didn't know how the song went before that point. It's been way long since I've read the Silmarillion, and haven't read the other early histories yets...
  7. Katriana

"Bilbo must have translated it. I never knew that."

I also thought it was a bit curious that Frodo doesn't question that remark, and it does seem to imply that Frodo knows at that point that Strider knows Bilbo. As to how, well, it would seem reasonable to think there was idle talk among them during the 2 or 3 days they were travelling...
  8. Katriana

Field Trip Suggestions & Questions

I've been talking about the classes and the field trips with a friend who plays the game and he mentioned that there's a place in Forochel he's always wondered about and hasn't been able to figure out what it is exactly or why it's there. He says there's a shipwreck somewhere in the northern...
Back