Search results

1. The Boatman

Lady Cynthia Fitzmilton == The Queen

Hi, I wish I could listen to Corey's classes in real time and participate in the discussions. The poscasts have been a Very Splendid and Worthwhile part of my long daily commute, but it's frustrating to have something to contribute and realize that the discussion took place months or years ago...
  2. The Boatman

An epiphany

Just heard Lecture 4 of the course, where Corey comes to the same conclusion about the girl in the cafe. I bow to the master :-)
  3. The Boatman

Book/Radio Play- Compare and Contrast

I've always considered the radio series to be the definitive source material; partly because it WAS first; partly because I remember it through the nostalgic haze of the summer before my last year of college; but mostly because radio seemed to be uniquely suited to telling the Guide's story. The...
  4. The Boatman

An epiphany

<spoilers> I've been an avid Hitch-hiker's fan since I first heard the radio program in college during the summer of 1981, so it's hard to believe that I never connected the dots before now, but I just had an epiphany about the anonymous girl referred to in the first chapter. Remember, the...
  5. The Boatman

What'cha reading?

I think Corey should narrate one :-)
  6. The Boatman

What'cha reading?

I get most of mine from Audible.com; they're pretty good but don't have everything.
  7. The Boatman

What'cha reading?

I usually have two threads going: physical books at home, and audiobooks for my long commute to/from DC. In the former, I just finished Artemis, the new novel by Andy Weir, and autographed by him at Politics and Prose last month. Industrial espionage story set in the first city on the moon in...
  8. The Boatman

Star Trek City on the Edge of Forever

Hi! I'm new to the fora; hope this is the right place. I was listening to Dr. Olsen's podcast on Star Trek, the second part of which dealt with the time travel episode in the original series named "The City on the Edge of Forever." Little wonder that it's one of their best episodes, since it...
Back