Írimë

Haakon

Administrator
Staff member
Let's talk about this daughter of Finwë, who we seem to portray as a strong, passionate woman who, in MithLuin's words, 'We are talking about having /.../take on the role of Galadriel and speak up during the rebellion of the Noldor in the torch-lit square, being very keen on avenging the murder of her father Finwë. It is possible that she will die early in Season 3, in the Kinslaying'.

So. Another alternative for Krysten Ritter? upload_2016-10-28_15-37-38.jpeg
More suggestions!

Since you suggested her, I'm really struggling to think of anyone else better. Maybe, if we thought through the non-vengence parts of her personality, different candidates would emerge... Did we talk about what her craft would be? That's such a huge part of Noldo identity, it seems important to think that through for each of them. Also, what sort of weapon would we be giving her? Would she have learned swordcraft, or are we limiting that to Feanor's people? Could she wield a spear? That might work well for Ritter!

... found that just after you posted. Lol. Still think Ritter is a great choice.

I freely admit I have a touch of a fixation on the crafts individual Noldo choose (and warning, this will come back with the dwarves). But "the wand chooses the wizard" -- that is, the craft ought to reveal something about the craftsman. If I remember correctly, Irime's glassblowing connects her to fire ... and the influence of Melkor?

Edited to correct misspellings

Last edited:
Look we can continue searching but for these smaller parts I don't think it's a big deal if we just have one candidate - as long as we're happy with her, that is.

Last edited:
If she's using a polearm she'll be relatively safe in close combat or at least it'll be easy for her to hold off attackers wielding swords. This will make a death from an arrow logical and a bit ironic.

I'd like her to be one of the first to wear armour.

Back