A normal Day at Valinor

Haerangil

So, after i drew some sketches for Angband costumes and started to imagine actual scenery I thought how random backgroundscenes in Valinor could look like. I tried to work in as many of the costume designs Anastasia drew or you people have uploaded and seem to like. As we don't yet have full depictions of Costumes for the Valars posses I had to combine many elements from various concept art, sometimes I took a bit from this costume, sometimes I took that Hairstyle... anyway it's not about costume design here but rather a mix of scenery ideas and possible settings.

Naturally it's just sketches, so I don't have much detail, and quite frankly I'm not good at fashion designs. So this is more about the overarching feel of such a scene or situation.

index.php

This is a scene at Tulkas' Dojo. It could well take place in the wide court outside his Halls.

I imagine the disciples of Tulkas sitting on the floow in a circle and watching the sparring-matches of Tulkas' Maiar or his Elven-disciples. I think i like the Idsea that Galadriel, of whom we kinow that in her youth she was into Sports, fighting and athletic feats, one day showed up after Tulkas had just finished off a few opponents and fought with him, Tulkas was faster and stronger, but Nerwen was agile and could trick him and trip him up, after he fell she gave him her hand to help him up abut she likes to play a joke on the unsuspecting Vala and overtrhorws him again. Everybody suddrnly is silent and Makar can hardly halkt bis breath while Tulkas suddenly starts to laugh his head off.

In this Scene however it#s just two random Fairies fighting, one fights Tulkas-style, no weapn but an iron-gauntlet, the other fights Measse-style with Spear and Buckler. And in the Background there#s A Maia armed Makar-Style with Bill-hook.

index.php

This could be a scene at Vanas or Yavannas Gardens or maybe at Lórien. I like to think that the Fairies do not only sit around and sing and play harp all day - of course they do that as well - but they are actually working. They are Gardeners, Planters and Farmers, tending the Trees and Flowers of the Land.

Last edited:
index.php

This scene could take place at Mandos or maybe Fúi. As with the Gardenfairies, the Shadowfolk would have Jobs to do. They are Weavers and Spinners and Assist Vaire. They also are some sort of Priests of the Dead. Here are some dignitaries of the Shadowfolk on a way to a procession. One might be a messenger who has a scroll for his Master. Maybe it's the newest stats about the deceased.

index.php

This could be a crowded workshop in sone corner of Aule's smithy, the aulendili,his Spirits and disciples, would be forging and smelting Metal, but not all of them would wear simple working outfits. Some are more fancy, those are the fine-artists who are doing detailwork and are investigating the quality new artifacts.

Last edited:
index.php

index.php

This should be a hunting-party. Unfortunately i failed to design a proper scenery or background scenario for them. So here are just a few poses.Maybe they are in front of Orome's Halls prepairing for a hunting-trip into the black Mountains to hunt some of Morgoth's beasts.

Interestingly Tilion#s name does mean "Horned-one" so i asked myself if Orome's people maybe would have some animal features, if they would resemble Fauns or Satyrs in some way. After all I just gave them some small horns on the forehead and the males wear goatees. The Guy on the right wears some kind of Helmet, if looks a bit like Ulmo#s foam-crested helm, but instead of foam or shell it probably works with leaf-designs. However I think that the Maiar wear some sort of fantastic helmets rather than practical ones.

Last edited:
index.php

Just to finish this series of sketches... dancing Merfolk. In contrast to public opinion they DO wear clothes, when in human-form - it's silk and Shells and fish-scale like and looks wavy but it#s clothing. When they are in Water-form they only have vaguely human-like shapes, but as they are shapeshifters they are able to transform from one form to the other easily..

Forgotten one thing:
index.php

Skyfolk at Taniquetil. Manir & Suruli-Warriors. Different from the Warlike Spirits at Tulkas' Court.
I chose to give them Winged Helmets as some of them maybe later become the Great Eagles. I also gave them Wings, I usually dislike wings but the Execs cho0se to give Morgoth's Firespirits Wings and an gengelic appearance, so Manwe's and Varda's people should have wings too...

Back