Alatar and Pallando

Correct; we cast Curumo (I hadn't joined the forums yet), but not Saruman/Curunir.

Curunir is Gael Garcia Burnal

Just thinking about it, might be nice to cast one of the Istari with a female actor in Valinor.

It’s quite a Doctor Who level of openness when it comes to pre-embodied form

Last edited:
Just cannibalising other peoples works and faceswap...
But i don't claim it to be my own invention and art, just an experiment to imagine a possible makeup/look on film.

Please continue to discuss casting of these characters in this thread!

For a discussion of potential storylines for the Blue Wizards in Silm Film, posting can continue at this location:

Wondering aloud, and there may be precedent for it, but with so little known of the Two Blue (as in, technically nothing concrete since they were never finalised - I think even blue was only mentioned once) do we definitively know if they were also clothed in bodies of old men? Who precisely does that idea apply to? I honestly can’t recall if it’s said of all the Istari? And which chronicler stated it and did they know of the Two Blue at all? I’m just wondering if our casting MUST be limited to ‘old’ and ‘men’? As I say, may be strong evidence but I can’t help but wonder if it’s set in stone.

Please continue to discuss casting of these characters in this thread!

For a discussion of potential storylines for the Blue Wizards in Silm Film, posting can continue at this location:

Thanks for the redirect!

Back