Alqualonde

Haerangil

index.php

My first Sketch for Alqualonde...

I didn't yet have the time to rework and colorize it but i#ll post this sketch anyway...

I chose Alqualonde to be in the rocky cliffs northeast of Taniquetil in the northern Bay of Eldamar
it#s a natural harbor, a basin that only can be reached via the sea or a steep path from up the mountains to the north and northwest...

while in the Text there#s mention of only one Great Arch of Living Rock/Arch of Swans
i chose there are actually two different gates to the basis, the smaller Arch of swans and the greater arch if living rock

there are all sorts of wharfs and harbors in the basin and a small island which maybe holds a lightower

there are many greater sophisticated buildings in the valley and along the slopes to the north, which also is where Olwe#s palace can be found and many small rivers run down through the city towards the harbour
in the Arch/Cliff region there are also lesser buildings and strand cottages but also many small vaves in the cliffs where the Teleri live....

places of note are:
  • Great Arch of living rock
  • The Havens
    • Arch of Swans
    • Basin of silent Waters
    • Lamps of the Swan-haven
    • Piers and Runways
  • Houses of Pearl
    • Halls of Olwe
  • High Cliffs
  • Narrow Path
  • Ring of golden Lights
  • Serpentine Stairs
  • Strand Cottages

index.php

I haven't come very far, but as a proto_version v.02 this could give a better Idea how i imagined Alqualonde with it#s gardens/Greenspaces and Waterways...
gold and silver thatched buoildings are mentioned in the text... and i definitely think think there should be channels and Waterways throughout the city as well as lots of green. I guess the elves could have constructed channels and try to build in rivers and Springs flowing down from the Mountains...

Back