Amazon series:reactions and thoughts (Spoiler alert!)

Well, apart from possible cosmological,issues, i do not profess to understand these... she does not appear or seem to me to be that sort of person the way she is presented, neither do i fully understand her weird behavior or how she interacts with people, nor the motifs for it all. She's been to war and her brother killed, okay, but talking genocide the way she does and everything... that is more than just clunky writing i think. I should stop. I just can't get my head around it and that is it.nevermind.

she does not appear or seem to me to be that sort of person the way she is presented,

That is exactly my point - her being what she is now in the series would result in her being unable to become what she has to become to fit Cate Blanchett's depiction of the 3rd age movie Galadriel - even counting in the additonal 3000-4000 years (and I leave out any resemblance to book Galadriel here, as this is completely out of the window by now) - such a drastic change would be completely out of a normal character development range.

I listen to Coreys podcast(s) because they make me think and see things from different angles. Quite an analytical approach, i know.
SilFilm does not particulary interest me (even if it is a bit intrgueing), but i MUCH ENJOY Coreys spontaneous thoughts about the subjects/problems that they have to deal with in the process.

Kind of like how they treat Rings of Power.
Like Adar brings up the origins of Orcs and the many different versions of their creation. It does not matter (well, it really does because this show will deter how many will approach the subject, but that is another discussion) which version the showmakers goes for because Corey will bring up things i may have missed or make me look at that topic with new eyes. Wether i agree in his conclusions or is quite irrelevant.

So, rant over. But this is what i mean when i say that the podcasts about the show is more interesting to me that the actual show itself.

I honestly have trouble listening to Corey, since a while not necessarily since rings and realms or even because of trop, but i also stopped watching his Lotro videos since way back.

So Celeborn is already Galadriel's husband and MIA or dead - as some of the show's critics have prophesized. So now the question: where is Celebrian?

Either also lost or not yet born or doesn't exist.

All in all episode 7 didn't do much to me. Many things did bother me, but there was nothing i actually hated but also nothing i really did enjoy much. I think by now it is clear the white robe mystics also must be some sort of Ainur, the Meteorandir possibly is not evil and not Sauron and also Halbrand is most likely just human and not Sauron and will soon become the human king of Pelargir.

What did i not like? Well the after-volcano setup in Tirharad seemed off to me with some peole stilla ctually actively burning, some dying, some not harmed at all, the numenoreans weirdly occupied... , i did not really like the scene where the mithril pieced did heal the leaf from the blight, Durins treatment of his son was very heartless, i didn't enjoy the dynamic of the two very much this time, Galadriel and Theo hiding from the orcs was a bit too much "inspired" by the Halflings hiding frommthe NZgul innvreenhill country, as well as the Harfoot forming a fellowship to,look for Meteorandir was a bit too much "inspired" by the scene of Hobbits joining the fellowship of the ring in rivendell.

What did i like? Well... i guess i really have some sort of fascinated fanboy attachment towards Bridie Sisson by now, i also did like the Numenoreans, mostly Elendil, better. I guess i still haven't up my mind what to think of it all in general,,on the other hand maybe it is not a good sign i do not have strong feelings about it all any longer.

So Celeborn is already Galadriel's husband and MIA or dead - as some of the show's critics have prophesized. So now the question: where is Celebrian?
I actually don't like that they brought up Celeborn this late in the season. On one hand, it helped to give Theo and Galadriel a bit of common ground, but on the other, now everyone who knows LotR (even those who only know Jackson's films) is expecting him to show back up, and I highly doubt that he's showing up this season. It just feels like the whole Sauron thing, everyone now starts a countdown to when he shows up, and the longer it takes, the more disappointed they will feel, until he does show up.

As for Celebrian: I'm inclined to say she's not born yet. Because if she is- and presumably being fostered somewhere- it would be extremely disappointing if Galadriel hasn't mentioned her even once. I know she hadn't mentioned Celeborn for 6 episodes, but she assumes he is dead, so it's reasonable she doesn't want to bring it up often.

And if she's not born yet, I am inclined to believe that we are not going down that road in the show. Mainly because Elrond is presumably thousands of years old, and if a child was born in season 2 and Elrond marries them in season 5, it could be a weird transition. Yes, that would be disappointing, but honestly, how much would it impact the show to not have Elrond get married and have a child? Yes, that is what happens, but does it really have any impact on the story as a whole, from here on out? Yes, it would be great for Elrond to have some familial stakes when the big wars kick off, but everything significant with Celebrian and Arwen happens in the Third Age.

For all we know she could be off at the Havens with Cirdan, but that would be disappointing on many levels for many reasons.

Worst case, IMO, is that they make Celebrian not be Galadriel and Celeborn's daughter.

I'm having a bit of a geographical crisis after the last episode. I know they're going to play a bit hard and fast with the map, but since they're actually showing the Harfoots traveling map, I feel it's worth bringing up.

Someone on Reddit put this map together showing the travels of the Harfoots (Harfeet?)

If the Harfoots have traveled all the way to the sea of Rhun (or nearby) and especially if the Grove is the cluster of trees on the northeast shore, how are they so near Greenwood the Great, when that's closer to where they started? The Grove could also realistically be anywhere east of the Sea of Rhun, but it's still quite a distance for Sadoc to be sending the Stranger.

ec1da343c45942ee1d47b667a5e6272f.jpg

Last edited:
The geography is werd but i actually think it is the other way round... they started off in Rhun and did lots of miles through southern Rhovanion to the northeastern edge of the emyn muil, then the northern dead marshes (grey marshes as they called them) back into southern Rhovanion... then they acted as if southern Greenwood was closeby but it actually is still quite a stretch... but they are very ignorant towards the complicated geography of the Westlands so far. I am not happy the way they laid out things and the adaption point imho is not a relevant excuse anymore.

As for Celebrian: I'm inclined to say she's not born yet. Because if she is- and presumably being fostered somewhere- it would be extremely disappointing if Galadriel hasn't mentioned her even once. I know she hadn't mentioned Celeborn for 6 episodes, but she assumes he is dead, so it's reasonable she doesn't want to bring it up often.

Not necessary, as:

1) Galadriel makes a lot of enemies so drawing attention to her minor daughter might very much endanger said daughter's safety.
2) Having a daughter left in ME would be a valid reason to refuse to enter Valinor.
3) Galadriel's in-laws (assumed Sindar, maybe even at Oropher's court in Grennwood) might dissapprove of Galadriel's ways to such an extent that they had taken over the custody over Celebrian - as according to what we see in Tolkien an elvish child is usuallly counted to its father's tribe and house. - Such a constellation might be too painful for Galadriel to talk about and so her friends would avoid the subject to be brought up in her presence and she would not mention it to strangers either.

Last edited:
Could even be an interesting twist if done properly. One more episode to go...
And they somehow have to make us crave for the next season. If they won't reveal anything about Sauron or Meteorandir yet they'll at last to have us hope Cirdan and Celeborn might enter the show wirh a bang. Though again, i doubt theres so much reasoning involved, the glimpse at the Balrog this episode gave me bad feelings on their patience.

The trailer for episode 8 showed something that very much sets up a big, expected plot. And Celebrimbor has a line that is a bit chilling, sounding very much like something he had been talked into.

Is it out already? Might take a look... they definitely have to come up with something now or seasin 1 will feel like a big letdown to me.

My presumption is that Celeborn "died' in the battle that ended with the stack of helmets. Because we saw Galadriel there, but it didn't seem connected to the Finrod story. So, her placing the helmet in the stack could be her mourning Celeborn.

As to whether he died or not...eh, maybe.

He could die, be reborn, and return with Glorfindel.

But he also could have been taken captive and enslaved by orcs or something, I suppose. It's been a long time since that battle, though, so any "surprise, he's really alive but Galadriel didn't know " storyline is going to feel farfetched. So, I am leaning towards the died-and-reborn story being more likely.

As for Celebrían, I think she is not yet born.

As for Celebrían, I think she is not yet born.

That imho would be a big waste, as
1. Celebrain would be much too young for Elrond.
2. Making Celebrain being currently being raised at Oropher's court by her lost father's kin (who would maybe even blame Galadriel personally for their son's/ brother's/cousin's dissapearance) would make some interesting story - as Celebrian would be raised in cultural opposition to the Noldor and their warlike culture which would neccesitate for Galadriel to have to win young adult Celebrian's trust and respect - which is where Elrond might intervene as a mediator as Galadriel's friend and that would be a believable setup for a confrontation which might lead to romantic feelings between the E&C ultimately. And it would give us a nice reason to be introduced to the Greenwood's court and society.

EDIT: Actually having Elrond helping young adult Celebrian to come to terms with her mixed Noldorin/Sindarin descent would make perfect sense. Elrond is himself a descendant of both Thingol/Dior and Finwe/Fingolfin/Turgon (with some human mixed in) while she is descendant of Thingol's brother Elmo/Galadhon/Celeborn and Finwe/Finarfin. So Elrond could try to teach Celebrian how to make peace with both her Noldo/Sinda part (as Bilbo had to balance his Took/Baggins side) on his friend Galadriel's behalf. This would be a situation fit for having some deep reaching discussions together.

Last edited:
Just finished E7 so here we are with my notes again:

If Elendil is a dangerous name in Numenor, Valandil must be way worse.
Envinyata is "renew", the Stranger is speaking Quenya. (cf. Envinyatar, the Renewer, a name for Aragorn in ROTK)
The leaf renewing itself was one of the strangest things in this episode and it kind of went unexplained.
Just a matter of science that they've glossed over, how did anyone survive that explosion?
Galadriel... she seems to have changed since E6 - back then she took delight, almost, in slaying Orcs, but now she looks on it somber. Not entirely impossible to reconcile, I suppose.
So much has been said about Celeborn and I don't have anything to add.
Yeah, not surprised Elrond forfeit the Sigin-Tarag.
More Stranger/Gandalf clues in this episode.
Agree that the Women of the Eye (as I will call them for their sceptre which looks suspiciously like an Eye) are clearly Ainur.
Miriel calls herself Miriel but her father Ar-Inziladun. I guess they're just not allowed use of the name Ar-Zimraphel.
Still love Largo. Excited for Season 2 Harfoot adventure!
So Numenorean colonies do exist, but they've been abandoned? Interesting. Will corrupted Numenoreans come into the picture?
I might have missed something, but Isildur is still missing, right?
Halbrand as Oathbreaker is where I'm leaning, since we know the natives of the Southlands are driven out in the wars between Gondor and Mordor.
Disa is becoming a villain later? Not at all where I expected that plotline to lead.
Durin's Bane. Wow.
The implications of the name Mordor being given by the servants of Sauron is curious indeed.

Halbrand as Oathbreaker is where I'm leaning, since we know the natives of the Southlands are driven out in the wars between Gondor and Mordor.

Halbrand is on his way to Eregion at the moment. Really doubt he will ever come to live in the White Mountains. Do not see how. Rhoviannion would be far nearer and seems emptied when hobbits wander there about - or even moving South to Khand. Sheer mountains are difficult to live for people used to plains and hills - as the Southlanders are depicted as.

But the Southlanders as a whole are moving to Pelargir. When Halbrand is healed it seems natural he will return to those who consider him king, and they're at least moving in the right direction, if not all the way there.

But the Southlanders as a whole are moving to Pelargir. When Halbrand is healed it seems natural he will return to those who consider him king, and they're at least moving in the right direction, if not all the way there.

Where is Pelargir and where are White Mountain? At least 100 (more like 150) miles apart. Pelargir is down in the South of Gondor in the plains on the Anduin.

I did not say that they would be going all the way to the mountains immediately, just that they are heading in the correct direction. There is still opportunity for diversion or further migration. I admit the idea has flaws, but I think it is supported by how the story is portraying the characters.

They've been dealing very liberally with geography in general so i could see that connection too.

Last edited:
Back