Amazon series: reactions to news and rumours. (Spoiler alert!)

I tried to investigate the Celeborn/Glorfindel story and apparently it originated from a rage bait channel hating on the series so it’s probably not to be trusted. I also do not think the Estate would allow it.

I tried to investigate the Celeborn/Glorfindel story and apparently it originated from a rage bait channel hating on the series so it’s probably not to be trusted. I also do not think the Estate would allow it.

I am actually not sooo much against it in itself as long Celebrian is already there and somewhere safe. I personally could live with it - if Celeborn would get at least some part of Glorfindel's warrior glory in exchange... Somehow I do not like the idea of Galadriel having just a "trophy husband".

Yeah I agree that Celeborn has to get a real story with an interesting character set. I think we’ll have to put speculations away on this one, and hope for the best.

Celeborn was one of the war-leaders during the eriadorian wars and the guy who stayed in Eregion to oppose Annatars schemes... would be sad not to get to see that!

This reminds me of speculation that Peter Jackson's films had cut Eomer, mainly based on the evidence that no casting information was available for his character, while it did exist for many others (including Eowyn). In the end, Eomer obviously was included, just not in Fellowship of the Ring.

It is still open whom Augustus Prew, Simon Merrells, Geoff Morrell, Alex Tarrant, Trystan Gravelle, Lloyd Owen, Will Fletcher, Peter Tait, Peter Mullan, Kip Chapman, Leon Wadham, Fabian Maccallum, Anthony Crum or Dylan Smith will play -of all the actors confirmed by IMDB!

Gravelle has been rumored for Pharazon, Tarrant for Valandil, Lloyd Owen for Elendil, Will Fletcher as Finrod (but in 8 episodes??) , Tait and Mullan as Durin or Palantir, Dylan Smith as Largo Brandyfoot.. Prew, Merrels, Morrell, Wadham, Maccallum, Crum, Chapman all open with a ?

Kip Chapman already has been seen in a scene with Galadriel and dressed as an elf so he so far is my best guess as Celeborn.Though... i don't know... maybe he's Amroth:p
Trevyn has also been rumored as an Elf.

Trop-celebornevtl.png

Last edited:
They haven't been confirmed anywhere officially afaik so i still said "they have been rumoured".It is the most complete listing i could find. Theres been mention of a Prince "Kemen" too, but not who will play him afaik.Or the supposed young Númenoreans Nólion and Ontamo.

And since the topic was Celeborn i didn't name any female actresses...

I do find that dedication to practical effects encouraging. Compare this to a scene from, say, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, where you *know* the actors aren't actually standing on ship rigging in the middle of a storm! It sounds like this method will look much more seemless, harder to tell what is real and what is layered into the scene, because the waves are actually present. And, of course, nothing that compromised safety - very important.

Is Isildur adopted? - As he does not resemble his father and sister at all? If you make his skin tone differ as much as it does from his sisters - he should resemble her in some other way - like in facial features or another characteristic detail - to stress their blood connection.

Last edited:
Thank Eru! I am VERY relieved by that Carine issue... Earien is SO much better!

I love Isildurs look, he so much resembles my idea of what a Numenorean looks like. But Odola is right... in the PJ movies the Boromir-Faramir casting was so excellent...
The total absence of family resemblance seems weird to me too.

Also i ask myself why Miriel is already Queen-regent.

All in all i think the Numenoreans look allright, but i am somewhat underwhealmed so far... i'd suspected them to be more spectecular somehow. And i haven't seen any winged or feshcrest helmet yet!

I imagine you are referring to Kemen, the heir of Ar-Pharazon? I assume that is who is pictured on the far left of this photo:

1657781230714.png

He doesn't look like Míriel's kid. But, then, they are first cousins, and the marriage was forced because of the throne. Maybe he's...not.

I don't see any issue with Isildur and Earien as siblings in this photo...assuming that is who is standing next to him, anyway?

I'm ok with Kemen and Pharazon.I only think Kemen is a weird name and i wonder why Pharazon is already named Pharazon.

Elendil and Earien are also ok, Isildur it is who looks a bit out of line, though we haven't seen his mother so i'm ok with him too.

I imagine you are referring to Kemen, the heir of Ar-Pharazon? I assume that is who is pictured on the far left of this photo:

View attachment 4479

He doesn't look like Míriel's kid. But, then, they are first cousins, and the marriage was forced because of the throne. Maybe he's...not.

I don't see any issue with Isildur and Earien as siblings in this photo...assuming that is who is standing next to him, anyway?

I mean Eärien and Isildur - they should have at least the same kind of hair or the same eyebrow shape or something - good that their eye colour matches (but it should have been "elvish-grey" no matter their skin tone anyway for all of them).

in the PJ movies the Boromir-Faramir casting was so excellent...
The total absence of family resemblance seems weird to me too.

That was exactly my thought. Boromir and Faramir looked different but they were made to look like brothers convincingly.

Last edited:
Kemen is one of my Witch King candidates… Or was. Maybe he looks a little too weak

Ooh.

Such a witchking thing would mess up too much, the compressed timeframe would make it a problem, the Witch-King shoukd be around since the 17th century S.A.

So i hope not.

Back