Amazon series: reactions to news and rumours. (Spoiler alert!)

Sorry guys I was mistaken about Celebrimbor. Now I hear it’s supposed to be the second one in the second row from the top. Well…

Top far right is Elrond. Bottom far right is Adar, tortured Elf/father figure of Orcs. To the left of him is Elendil. Right above Elendil is Isildur. On Elendil’s left side is Pharazon. The one with the apple is someone who goes under the name of Meteor Man.

So... wait!

1 "Durin's wife"?, 2 Durin , 3 ?, 4 Gil-Galad, 5 Elrond
6?,7 Celebrimbor ,8 ?,9 ?,10 ?,11 ?
12 ?,13 ?,14 ?,15 ?,16 Isildur ,17 ?
18 Firiel ,19 ?,20 "Meteor-man" ,21 Pharazon ,22 Elendil ,23 Adar

Right? Chances are Meteorman is Annatar i guess?

Meteor Man could be Annatar, but I guess he could be one of the Blue wizards as well.

Yes 1 and 2 are Durin’s wife and Durin. 3. Is Galadriel. Apparently this suit of armour is what she wears in the initial flashback/prologue (Valinor, crossing the Helcaraxë).18 is Isildur’s sister Carine.

Someone suggested that 8. could be one of the Drúedain. They were in Numenor, so it is an interesting idea.

Last edited:
I really hope NOT! They should arrive in proper ships, not stupid meteors.But nevermind... we'll see.I know i am always saying this...
Dang, i hope they'll change Carine's name! Eru please make this be only a codename!

I hope the same as you but I think the name is what it is. The wizard suggestion is just a rumour at this point.

Bottom far right is Adar, tortured Elf/father figure of Orcs.
Does this imply Sauron will be shown as the originator of the "secret orc project"? Does he keep his "prototype" as a kind of souvenir? Having survived so many millenia as a warrior - I am impressed.

Does this imply Sauron will be shown as the originator of the "secret orc project"? Does he keep his "prototype" as a kind of souvenir? Having survived so many millenia as a warrior - I am impressed.
I don’t know but I guess they’re doing something of the sort. Perhaps he’s not the originator but he’s involved or knows enough about it. I’m not sure this Adar is kept by Sauron, he could be a free agent at this time and Sauron has to win him over as a step in building his army.

I heard the rumor that this fallen elf is kinda Sauron's phantom menace which he plays off as the big bad he is about to help everybody against, and that Adar actually is one of Galadriels supposedly dead brothwrs, though not Finrod.

Again just rumors and theories on the web, while i like the first part i'm kinda sceptical towards that brother thing... at last they do everything to keep us talking and arguing and raising expectations... either to be excited or setup about.

They have really managed to get the Tolkien fans talking. Smart strategy. It’ll be interesting to see how they go from this. They’re releasing actors now, apparently. But those are mostly rumoured since before.

The no. 9 which the Tolkien Professor talked about as it being very improbable to be Gurthang the sword of Túrin Turambar as this would be too difficult to be connected to the story at hand - I do not think it that difficult: Túrin had no living descendants (officially, if one does not want Niënor to survive the fall, as her body was never found). But still his comrades probable had some descendants, and one of this comrades could have found the sword, and kept it, and some of his descendants could refuse to come with Elros to Númenor and go East into Eriador and start a local ruling line possessing the remnant of the sword still - and be as default in a opposition to Númenor. Not too difficult to imagine.

Last edited:
The no. 9 which the Tolkien Professor talked about a sit being vey improbable to be Gurthang was the sword of Túrin Turambar as this would be too difficult to be connected to the story at hand - I do not think it that difficult: Túrin had no living descendants (officially, if one does not want Niënor to survive the fall, as her body was never found). But still his comrades probable had some descendants, and one of this comrades could have found the sword, and kept it, and some of his descendants could refuse to come with Elros to Númenor and go East into Eriador and start a local ruling line possessing the remnant of the sword still - and be as default in a opposition to Númenor. Not too difficult to imagine.
I agree, I can see difficulties but nothing that would make it impossible. The sword was buried along with Turin I think, so either someone would have to perform some grave robbery, or the grave was destroyed and opened during the breaking of Beleriand. But I believe his grave is on one of the islands off the northwestern coast of Middle-earth? Someone could go there. The person holding the sword looks dressed for cold weather. I don’t have a story idea but I assume someone can come up with one.

I agree, I can see difficulties but nothing that would make it impossible. The sword was buried along with Turin I think, so either someone would have to perform some grave robbery, or the grave was destroyed and opened during the breaking of Beleriand. But I believe his grave is on one of the islands off the northwestern coast of Middle-earth? Someone could go there. The person holding the sword looks dressed for cold weather. I don’t have a story idea but I assume someone can come up with one.

Morwen was buried there afterwards. It could have become a burial ground for the local people. And after burial and reburial things could start to appear in the ground. It is not as there was huge dolmen build there just for himself.

Galadriel's brothers Angrod and Aegnor are killed in the Dagor Bragollach. When we were discussing different possibilities for SilmFilm, I recall considering the possibility of capture and imprisonment in Angband rather than death in battle - MIA/POW, rather than KIA. Because you can easily make this change without altering the story in any way. If one of the brothers is injured and captured rather than killed, but still presumed dead by the Elves...well, now you have the same story that is told in the Silmarillion, but also the opportunity for an elf captive that terrible things happen to.

I am not suggesting that the Amazon show is doing that with Angrod, but the possibility of making that story happen is at least feasible.

Galadriel's brothers Angrod and Aegnor are killed in the Dagor Bragollach. When we were discussing different possibilities for SilmFilm, I recall considering the possibility of capture and imprisonment in Angband rather than death in battle - MIA/POW, rather than KIA. Because you can easily make this change without altering the story in any way. If one of the brothers is injured and captured rather than killed, but still presumed dead by the Elves...well, now you have the same story that is told in the Silmarillion, but also the opportunity for an elf captive that terrible things happen to.

I am not suggesting that the Amazon show is doing that with Angrod, but the possibility of making that story happen is at least feasible.

I see but Angrod is Gil-Galad"s grandfather. Going against one's own offsping seems like a strech without a very personal reason imho. (Or you take "Christopher's" descent for Gil-Galad which imho makes little sense in itself). And his grand-uncle - who might be bitter enough after Andreth's death - is imho even more problematic. Some proposed a surviving Maeglin - this, while unusual - would make a convincing elven villian. But if they really need one, why not let Celebrimbor's father or uncle survive? This would actually bring the latter one under some pressure if needed.

I see but Angrod is Gil-Galad"s grandfather. Going against one's own offsping seems like a strech without a very personal reason imho. (Or you take "Christopher's" descent for Gil-Galad which imho makes little sense in itself). And his grand-uncle - who might be bitter enough after Andreth's death - is imho even more problematic. Some proposed a surviving Maeglin - this, while unusual - would make a convincing elven villian. But if they really need one, why not let Celebrimbor's father or uncle survive? This would actually bring the latter one under some pressure if needed.
Which one of his uncles? There's six to choose from, one of which is known to be still alive (Maglor).

Back