Amazon series: Season 2 reactions to news and rumours. (Spoiler alert!)

Odola

"Young Shelob" a character in season 2 of RoP

Interesting as we have discussed Shelob as a part of a hypothetical 2nd Age story on this very forum:

EDIT:

here a discussion of the news too:

Last edited:
well, that is a horrible idea (without watching the video)

The video linked serves as source reference.
In our ideas in the thread linked above we have used Shelob as a connection of 2nd Age Sauron with his 1st Age past. Why do you think this a bad idea?

Last edited:
The writers' strike is also going to impact Season 2 of Rings of Power.

The showrunners and writers will not be on set for the final 19 days of filming. No creative input is allowed during the strike, so the directors have to use the shooting scripts as-is. Granted, this strike is not a surprise, so they did take steps to prepare for this situation. And certain things can be changed in post-production, if necessary. But still, it's a fairly big deal to continue shooting through a writers' strike.

In our ideas in the thread linked above we have used Shelob as a connection of 2nd Age Sauron with his 1st Age past. Why do you think this a bad idea?

Because they will butcher it horribly, it is hard enough for the SilFilm folks to get it right, i cannot imagine how the RoP will ruin this. Shelob in that videogame ,i want to erase it from my memory, is nothing in comparison.

Shadows of Mordor is a special brand of adaptation, and they clearly weren't aiming for faithfulness to the original content.

Shadows of Mordor is a special brand of adaptation, and they clearly weren't aiming for faithfulness to the original content.

While I have never played it myself I have heard about that one. Their Shelob interpretation was not what I found most problematic. Both Shelob and Sauron are demonic beings to a degree so such a play on their characters made some mythological sense. But the identity of the Nazgul was more "breaking the lore" to me.

Shadows of Mordor had cool and entertaining funny orcs and Trolls and a charismatic Annatar. The rest was hack and slay with a bogus story. Funny enough i did enjoy those two games far more than i did enjoy the tv series...

My curiosity on how the show will go on is limited at the present. I'll probably watch it but not expect much.

Here we have two attitudes for and against Celebrian in RoP:

I myself am clearly in the pro-RoP-Celebrian camp - finally an actual reason for a character development challenge and some understandable tention for both the RoP Galadriel and RoP Elrond - not a strange contrived one without any real or logical in-story implications.

This would be for sure interesting to watch, the only question is: are the writers skilled enough to pull it off convingly?

What do you think?

Last edited:
I think if they have Celeborn they are going to have to have Celebrian at some point. Not sure it will happen in S2 though.

Can anybody explain to me how it is the sensible that she let him go when he was right there in Eriador, alone, still weak and within reach and even a small elvish unit could just have captured him easily right then and there?

Meanwhile, Galadriel grapples with the betrayal of Halbrand, now confirmed as Sauron. "I felt like we'd earned that moment," shares Morfydd Clark, who plays Galadriel, reflecting on the impactful scene where Sauron's true nature is revealed. Galadriel's pursuit of vengeance against Sauron becomes more ruthless, and the forging of three rings by Galadriel, Elrond, and Celebrimbor adds complexity to the storyline.

[and he has in no way "betrayed her", as shown in the show she basically has forced him against his will to play along, to go along with her own fantasy].

Last edited:
I don’t think Galadriel as she is being portrayed in this show has reached peak ‘sensible’ yet. Shame may have a part in her decision. But Halbrand was gone when Elrond fished her out. She doesn’t know where he is, including whether he is still travelling as Halbrand (or some other corporeal or incorporeal form).

’Betrayed’ is a subjective word, as you point out. I think Galadriel does feel betrayed by him, regardless of what we as viewers might think. She is still processing her own culpability, I suspect.

I find these ‘what we know so far’ articles very very speculative, drawing on snippets of what people involved in the show have said (in all differentt times and interview contexts, and drawing conclusions. We have a quote from Morfydd Clark about how she was portraying Galadriel in that particular scene. The rest is the author of the article’s own interpretation of what that means for Season 2. As a result I take a lot of what these articles say with a grain of salt. We know very little about Season 2 yet.

I don’t think Galadriel as she is being portrayed in this show has reached peak ‘sensible’ yet. Shame may have a part in her decision.

Has she not pursued him for centuries? She should be not ready to let him escape - as she was so fixated on getting him. It would take some time for her to get out of the "catch Sauron" mode - even if this would mean harm to herself or her reputation...

Back