Andreth

So are you suggesting Jamie Lee Curtis for 'older Andreth' in that case?

Why not? I could definitely see the more bitter portrayal, particularly in scenes when she's interacting with Allyson, even though Laurie wouldn't regret a thing about training Karen.

Last edited:
Matichak could also be an option for Adanel, since we're hinting that Adanel is from what becomes the House of Hador.

Yeah Adanel could look a bit less like a typical representative of the House of Bëor.

I will have to go back and listen to what was said. I know Corey wanted Adanel to be dark-haired, and he doubted there would be any reason to explain a separate origin for her. Recall that in Tolkien's story, the Houses of Bëor and Marach occupy Estolad together, which accounts for some of the mingling and intermarriages. We have deleted that element of the story, so now Bereg is of the House of what-will-become-Hador, and Adanel is of the House of Bëor.

The Adanel discussion is at the 46:31 timestamp:
Twitch recording

The request is that Adanel 'maybe look a little bit different, but still fit in [with the House of Bëor] well enough not to cause confusion'. Corey asked for 'somebody who is dark-haired, and not necessarily very dark-skinned, but also not very pale, either.'

For an older Andreth, possibly paired with Kaya Scodelario:

Karen Allen?
Height: 5’5”
Roles: Marion Ravenwood in Indiana Jones, Katy in National Lampoon’s Animal House, Claire Phillips in Scrooged

Present day
Karen--e1505333322623.jpg

As Marion Ravenwood in Raiders of the Lost Ark for comparison
649e888f2abe7c647e8435b5f95134e8.jpg

Marion's first scene, meeting Indiana Jones for the first time in 10 years. This is the only video of the scene I can find, and it’s out of tune.

Last edited:
Andreth is a tricky one to nominate for, because you need to come up with two actresses, one who is late 20s, and one who is in her 60's. It can help when considering an older actress for Athrabeth-era Andreth, to maybe look at pictures of that person when they were younger, and see if they resemble the younger actress being 'paired'. Sometimes, family members are also available. So, the girl who played the young Lucy in the Narnia films had an older sister; this sister was then able to play 'grown up Lucy' in the scene where they are hunting the White Stag and find the lamp post again. So, a mother/daughter pair of actresses might be interesting...

So....Marina Sirtis (Counselor Deana Troi on Star Trek: The Next Generation) is 66 and of Greek descent. If I can think of an actress nowadays who looks similar to her when she first played Troi, that might work. (She was 32 when she debuted the role of Troi.)

1622326911076.png
(Note: the actress is wearing black contacts in this photo)

Last edited:
So....Marina Sirtis (Counselor Deana Troi on Star Trek: The Next Generation) is 66 and of Greek descent. If I can think of an actress nowadays who looks similar to her when she first played Troi, that might work. (She was 32 when she debuted the role of Troi.)

Not sure. Would Olivia Thirlby do? https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1880888/

Yes and yes!

Back