Aragorn and Elrond

amysrevenge

I was listening to Return of the King while I was driving (so I couldn't stop and make any notes), but there is a passage toward the end that describes King Aragorn and uses language very similar to how Elrond was described a few slides ago in the Many Meetings chapter. I don't even have an e-text to search to try to find them. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, can you do a copy-paste for me (it should be obvious what I mean if you can find it).

Is this it?

But when Aragorn arose all that beheld him gazed in silence, for it seemed to them that he was revealed to them now for the first time. Tall as the sea-kings of old, he stood above all that were near; ancient of days he seemed and yet in the flower of manhood; and wisdom sat upon his brow, and strength and healing were in his hands, and a light was about him.

The sitting of wisdom upon the brow, as it were, and the strength in hand are both Glorfindel descriptions in Many Meetings. Very cool!!!

I am looking forward to adding those similar character descriptions to the "Lords and Ladies of Dignity and Power" thread as we move along.

Back