Art Streams?

Bre

Would anybody be interested if I were to start having a scheduled art stream once or twice a month where I work on Silmarillion concept art?

I've been posting some of what I've been working on in the costuming thread, but I don't post everything. Also, I thought maybe having a set time with an audience for accountability might force me to work on Silmarillion concept art more than I normally would. Plus, it'd be fun to have live feedback and ideas thrown around by people who are actually familiar with the source material.

Oh... I haven't sat in on an art livestream in a very long time. I would certainly be interested. I love watching the process of those who have been gifted in the visual arts, since ... I ... haven't.

I'm interested, that sounds awesome. It would also be a nice opportunity to hang out in a chat room with other silmfilmers without having the Big Three steering the conversation, although I'm not sure I'd be able to watch depending on when you plan to do it.

Is there a particular day and time people would prefer the streams to take place?

My schedule is pretty inverted from everybody else's, which means I'm available most evenings.

I'm thinking it might be Saturday evenings... I'll come up with a specific time and schedule and let you guys know soon.

I wanted to thank you so much for sharing your process. I am always amazed to watch someone conjure an image out of thin air. You are a talented artist and an extremely valuable asset to this project.

I would love to have you maybe watch some of the Outline sessions and take a look at the outlines themselves once the Hosts have torn them to shreds and forced us to redo them from scratch and maybe start to do some story boards, Bre. I admit I've no idea what kind of time investment that would require on your part, but the work you've done so far is pretty inspiring, and I'd love to see some of the descriptions we've already come up with come to life.

I would love to have you maybe watch some of the Outline sessions and take a look at the outlines themselves once the Hosts have torn them to shreds and forced us to redo them from scratch and maybe start to do some story boards, Bre. I admit I've no idea what kind of time investment that would require on your part, but the work you've done so far is pretty inspiring, and I'd love to see some of the descriptions we've already come up with come to life.

Yeah you have to be really good at line art and really fast at art to do storyboards; I'm neither good at line art or fast. However, even if the case were otherwise, that's still a huge time commitment. The most you could hope for from any artist would be just drawing key beats/moments, or maybe just one or two scenes... and even then that's a ton of work. So yeah, I'm not going to work on storyboards anytime soon.

When it comes to the Silmarillion, I mainly focus on character/costume design, with the occasional full painting of an iconic moment. The only time I've been tempted to storyboard anything is with the Ainulindale... but that would be my take on the Ainulindale, which is under ten minutes, more akin to the opening of The Fellowship of the Ring film, as opposed to a whole television season. But I probably never will attempt such a project.

Back